Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

My fear is that I do all this stuff and nobody uses it. Everybody contributes in their own way to HSM. :partying_face:

3 Likes

I have added the TV7 style presets to the repo. In the end I did 13 cores.

• CannonBall
  • Cave Story (NXEngine)
  • Dinothawr
  • Doom (PrBoom)
  • Doom 3 (boom3)
  • EasyRPG
  • ECWolf
  • Flashback (REminiscence)
  • Mr.Boom (Bomberman)
  • Quake (TyrQuake)
  • Quake II (vitaQuake 2)
  • Rick Dangerous (XRick)
  • Tomb Raider (OpenLara)

In addition, while I was exploring I learned we have a MegaDuck core so that will be moving from the MAME list to the RA cores list. :grin:

I also learned about the WASM-4 core and will be adding that to the list.

So the new list reads…

RA Cores

• MegaDuck
  • zx81
  • uzebox
  • tic80
  • fds
  • Satallaview
  • 64DD
  • Nintendo Playstation Prototype (For MSU-1 games.)
  • WASM-4
  • Amiga 1000
  • Amiga 2000
  • Amiga 4000T

MAME Software Lists

• Apple 2e
  • Apple 2 GS
  • Casio PV-1000
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette vision
  • Gamepark GP32
  • Hartung Gamemaster
  • Watara Supervision
  • Fujitsu FM-7
  • Tandy CoCo 3
  • KenSingTon Vii

BTW. If you enjoy Flashback there is no better way to play it. You have to do some creative overlay work in RA, or cropping in the shader to get it to display correctly. The core looks beautiful! :star_struck:

6 Likes

It appears the OpenLara core is missing from the build bot. I’m not sure if it’s permanent.

I will leave the preset in for those of you, like myself, who still have the old core.

4 Likes

Genesis-[ADV]-[Guest]-[Custom-Bezel_001]-[Night].slangp shows the SEGA Logo, guess this is unintentionally

4 Likes

Yep. I will fix it ASAP. Thanks. :grin:

4 Likes

Someone please port Streets of Rage Remake for Retroarch. I really want to use this TV with the game!

1 Like

I fixed all the [Custom-Bezel_001]-[Night] SEGA presets a while back. They are all OK on my development copy but I must have missed that one in my local branch.

It is fixed. Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi, Duimon. I was wondering about the grade shader: what does the g_crtgamut option do?

By default, it is set to NTSC-J but the default is also D65 color temp. Should these options be paired up or are they different ways to achieve the same objective? For example, would it be correct to use NTSC-J and 9300K color temp? Or NTSC-U and 6504K? I notice a decisively different color hue when changing g_crtgamut.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the technical details of a lot of that stuff. You would be better off asking in the Guest thread.

My assumption is that you would set it to the gamut your monitor supports. But it may be similar to the Video/palette options in Nestopia and geared towards emulating the gamut of certain CRTs.

3 Likes

@c9f5fdda06 @Duimon

Grade is by @Dogway btw, guest might be able to answer some stuff for you tho.

Iirc that setting involves the actual phosphor hue, but it’s been a year or so.

1 Like

I just noticed that MAME current core runs Pocket Dream Console games :grin:

It runs the system similar way with Jakks TV without requiring software list method. The system is fairly cute looking handheld with a few color and design variant.

According to Wiki it’s a closed system with 100 built-in games mostly unofficial clones of other popular titles. The games listed below with PDC# includes multiple games and they boots up and runs smooth.

Just wanted to leave it here in case if you ever consider adding a new system to your list in future :relaxed:

I’m sorry I got you confused with @Dogway for some reason (doh! That’s what I get for posting past midnight). Thanks and sry for off-topic :flushed:

Thanks, @Syh

1 Like

They certainly do! I wonder how many other systems have been missed because of the different loading method. :thinking:

I will add one to the list. Probably the PDC100 because I like it.

Thank you very much.

There is a PDC 6180 also so maybe it’s something to keep an eye on.

1 Like

It’s definitely nice surprise when they boot up :smile:

I was setting up some arcade games with MAME Current and there was a TMNT rom (tmntpdc.zip) and when I tried to load it it was hanging on black screen with some system related info at bottom left corner. Like the one below.

This was familiar message when I was struggling to figure out how to run JAKKS TV while using software list method enabled a while ago :sweat_smile: So disabled software list method options and re run the game and it booted up. Happy little accident :grin:

1 Like

The “logo” Overlay repo has been updated. When I was saving PNGs in Photoshop I used the “Large File / Faster Saving” setting. (I had over 1000 files to save.)

I used an image processor to change the algorithm to “Mitchell” and cut down the size of the whole set by about 25%.

In the case of the Vectrex the savings was 300% so the overlays no longer have to be optimized. (They look a lot better!)

4 Likes

The Potato TV7 style game core presets have been added to the repo.

Funny story. When I started creating game core presets I started with the 4x3 aspect cores. Then I did Mr.Boom.

Mr.Boom has an odd aspect ratio. (320x200 or 1.59.)

When I moved on to the 16x9 cores I just edited the Mr.Boom presets, so they all had the wrong aspect. :rofl:

I had to go back into the source and add some other details for the actual 16x9.

Mr.Boom

OpenLara

Everything has been sorted and fixed. :grin:

5 Likes

@Duimon OpenLara is missing from the Windows buildbot, but it’s there for the Linux one (I just downloaded it), I have no idea why.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s just temporary. I actually use ReShade on a patched version for Windows but I was concerned that my graphic was no longer needed.

1 Like

I use Reshade too, with the port of Guest’s shader on the standalone version of OpenLara. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone! Sometime in the last couple days this thread passed 50,000 views! :partying_face:

Too cool!

Thank you all for helping make these last two years so awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes