Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I wanted to ask but didn’t want to seem greedy. :grin:

5 Likes

And that is how features for Mega Bezel are made.

3 Likes

The first steps are always an adventure. :grin: Here is the first WIP on the Tiger Game .com.

4 Likes

Here another WIP before I retire for the evening.

BTW. In case you were wondering why this has so much in common with my TI-99_4A graphic…

…Tiger Electronics acquired the toy division of Texas Instruments in 1995. They started producing the Game .com in 1997.

5 Likes

Here’s the latest WIP.

Getting close. I still have to do the stylus. :grin:

The bezel will be done in the shader. I am planning on adjusting the reflection falloff/fade. We’ll see how it goes. :wink:

8 Likes

Here is a WIP on the stylus.

There is an awful lot going on with this thing. I’m not sure I will ever get it perfect. :frowning_face:

Hopefully, as I add detail, it will become more forgiving.

4 Likes

I see it perfect, it’s getting perfect

2 Likes

Here is the first live shot.

This was truly one of the toughest graphics yet. It surprised me because I thought it would be fairly fast and easy. :rofl:

9 Likes

Really? What made it so different and difficult?

The stylus was a battle to figure out, with the multiple layers, highlights, and shading. The speaker holes are of varying sizes and fan out from the left to right, and the d-pad and stylus are both within the lower 20% grayscale… to mention a few. :wink:

When you get down to the lower end of grayscale, a lot of the shades fall outside the 8-bit color gamut so 30% become something like 18 levels you actually have to work with. (And the only way to do it is with trail and error.)

I did happen to learn a new trick or two, so that is good. :grin:

I may also try adding some texture if I can find some high res photos to be sure… film grain can look like texture.

5 Likes

is perfect!!! amazing work!!!

3 Likes

Here is a look at the layers panel… for just the stylus. :upside_down_face:

One of the new things I learned was to use an offset solid object, outside of a masked area, and use the drop shadow effect to cast realistic shading and/or highlights on a layer.

It gives a lot of control of lighting direction and blur/transparency.

It will come in handy for future projects.

7 Likes

awesome work again :slight_smile: every time you make a new one, i realise it’s a system i haven’t set up yet :slight_smile: thanks for the new ones can’t wait to try them out :+1:

4 Likes

So nice to see your skills improving since the beginning of the project! Attention to details everywhere! Thank you!

3 Likes

Looking at images of the Game .com and found this

Didn’t think this handheld would have a different variation. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yep… the game .com Pocket Pro.

It is NOT on my to do list. :grin: (I have pretty much had my fill of transparency.)

3 Likes

GP32, Gamemaster, and game .com are in the repo. :grin:

6 Likes

Duimon Last night I fixed the computer and I started configuring retroarch with hyperspin and of the few that I have configured the only one that has given me a problem is the Nintendo 64 bezel when I use Mega Bezel Advance, it is not full screen and the bezel comes out turned

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by full screen but the turned can be fixed with the “Flip Viewport Vertical” parameter.

It changes depending on which RDP renderer and/or core you use. For this reason I stopped trying to guess what the user was going to use and just left the parameter off.

Can you post a screenshot of the other issue?

2 Likes

I was just editing my 2nd post to update the completed systems list and the to do list, when I realized I haven’t gotten the Apple II and IIgs in the repo yet. I believe I was waiting for a bug to be fixed in the Decal Layer.

Checking the past revision history, I see the bug was fixed in v0.9.107 2022-04-17 Rev 1, so I guess it’s time to finish those two. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes