Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Night mode is built into the shader now,(Unless there is a lit LED, then I do a custom TopLayerImage.) but, OK.

Both the Famicom and the Super Famicom look great in night mode! :grin:

6 Likes

Reminds of me childs evenings playing punchout

1 Like

I am glad. That was the feeling I was going for when I came up with the night idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

I made my customary OCD pass, darkened some drop shadows, changed some shading on the vents, and fixed some broken arrangement that was actually hiding details in the final image. :astonished:

Before I do any more graphics I need to catch up on commits, RA Overlay, and 4K vertical images. :innocent:

Edit: Updated the last image. (Seems I am always forgetting to turn the power switch on.)

7 Likes

Awesomeness Duimon!! Thank you!!

I think me being able to read Japanese could help here. The lines of text you need are:

カセットを抜き差しする時は、必ず本体の電源をきってください。

And:

リセットスイッチを押すと、それまで記憶くれていた得点が消去されます。

I just read this from this image:

1 Like

@Telmo

Super Cool!!! I will update right away

Could you do me a favor and break the text up into the four separate lines?

Sure, sorry! Here:

カセットを抜き
差しする時は、
必ず本体の電源を
きってください。

And:

リセットスイッチ
を押すと、それまで
記憶くれていた
得点が消去されます。

Thanks!

1 Like

No my friend. Thank You! :grin:

1 Like

Sorry, I was missing a kanji in the last line of the first paragraph:

カセットを抜き
差しする時は、
必ず本体の電源を
切ってください。

It’s ok either way but would be totally accurate to write it the way they did I guess.

3 Likes

OK. Everything is up in the repos, including RA Overlays. :grin: (Also Including the updated Famicom!)

Haven’t caught up with the 4K Verticals yet, they will take some time. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

You are truly great, downloading! Thank you again!

1 Like

Progress!

I still have to do the RA Overlay versions and none are up in the repo. I still don’t think I’m going to do 4K Vertical widescreen systems, but I will do an NDS soon.

7 Likes

I’m finally put some time into retroarch on my arcade cabinet.

6 Likes

Nice! Really, really nice.

@Diego

What arcade parts are you using for your control panel?

Looks slick!

Buttons are sanwa, and the joystick is from brazil named 2nd impact. Is opto mechanic.

1 Like

Sanwas are nice, I’ve heard of 2nd Impact.

Is it the one that has keyboard switches or is it a different model for that one?

Yes!! That one. I use the optical swtiches.

1 Like

How does it feel compared to a Sanwa stick?

I have a sanwa joystick. I like the sanwa, but the actuation distance on the 2nd impact is shorter and is good for some movements. Besides it you need to get used to the silence. Since this one optical there is no click sound to confirm a movement. I’ve never tried the one that use keyboard switches. From the instalation perspective it have the same profile and dimension of the sanwa.

1 Like