Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Lovely. It will be on my setup as ASAP.

1 Like

Since you approve, I have added it to the repo. Enjoy!

Maximum Gameplay Satisfaction Indeed!

2 Likes

There is that power on led. Will you make the night overlay for it?

@Diego

Oops, my bad! It is done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Before I begin work on the Famicom graphic, I thought it might be a good idea to finish this one. This is something I attempted when all this started, and failed. (I just didn’t have the skill.)

I felt the same way about the DOSBox graphic and, after doing a few, I then felt ready.

I have learned quite a bit since “way back then”, and I thought it was time to revisit my earlier failed attempt.

The SONY PSP!!

While there are a few things I need to tweak, :innocent: I think it is close.

This one was the toughest so far… there is a lot going on here, with both the graphic and the source. I learned many new tricks that will do me well on projects that follow. The parts of the handheld that are off screen are also present, in case someone wants to play with the layout, or use it for something else.

This one falls in with the DOSBox graphic in the “Freaks me out that it’s vector” department!

edit: I replaced the last image with one that has a drop shadow added. Full disclosure, I used Photoshop to add the drop shadow to the background and then placed it in Illustrator, doing it in Illustrator tripled the size of the source file. :frowning_face:

The background without drop shadow is also in the source. Let me know if you think the drop shadow adds enough realism to be necessary.

6 Likes

Beautiful! The best one until now. What shader are you using?

2 Likes

Wow! I totally agree, looks slick, and still really natural

:100:

1 Like

@Diego

The “hsm-mega-bezel-lcd-grid-v2-gba-color” preset. For the moment I have the image flipped, just until HSM figures out a possible bug in the preset.

OK. I made my OCD pass at the PSP graphic. I darkened the gradient in the circles behind the d-pad and buttons, added drop shadows to all the buttons and joystick, added a highlight and shadow to the lower edge of the top piece of the case, (And added a subtle gradient to its surface to give it a bit more realism.) lowered the black level a bit on all the holes behind the buttons, and decided to keep the background drop shadow. (Plus maybe a couple of other things I forgot.)

I think it is done. :innocent:

10 Likes

have not been in here for a wile, these are looking fantastic mate. If ya still taking requests, Sega Master System and I’ll be ya best friend :slight_smile:

@STAiNLESS

Not that I don’t want your friendship, but… I did this request already. :innocent:

Anything else strike your fancy?

3 Likes

Masterfully done! Simply gorgeous!

2 Likes

haha, told ya i have not been in here for a wile… I got a big list, but best i go back through and see what has been done already.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been pretty busy. Requests are always taken and will move to the top of the list as always. :grin:

Please only make one request at a time tho… to leave the door open for others. :wink:

BTW. I do plan on doing every system RA supports, so a request, (Unless I missed something in my plan.) really just gets it done sooner than later. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

the sms is not on github?

1 Like

@STAiNLESS

Sorry, I have been busy designing, not committing. :innocent: It is there now, and my first version as an alternate. :grin:

I am quite behind on some things, I will work on catching up after my current graphic is complete.

1 Like

haha, don’t be sorry mate. just glad I’m not going crazy by requesting it when it was there. still best friends, all good haha

1 Like

See what you think of this guys.

@Telmo Nintendo Famicom!!

I think I may be trying too hard to measure up to the PSP. :frowning_face: This was pretty hard!

The text on the decals is a Korean English translation, translated back to Japanese with Google Translate, and using a Japanese font. Probably not accurate, but the only thing I could think of. :grin:

Please forgive me for any inaccurate colors, finding decent source images can be tough sometimes. :blush:

6 Likes

show us the night mode

1 Like