Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I remember reading a post like that but I didn’t go back and refer to it. I was just thinking to myself that perhaps that might have been your way of showcasing HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader back then but now that there are more lighting effects that you can still showcase the shader while also having a more realistic and authentic appearance of the handhelds.

This is all thought based on assumption and without referring to the post where you explained your reasoning though.

1 Like

I am still here to showcase the Mega Bezel, that will never change.

What people tend to forget is that my work is just a starting point, and only examples of what can be done.

If users want to showcase the Mega Bezel less, then they can play with the parameters to get exactly what they want.

The one thing I have never wanted was for my work to become a crutch, and stop them from using the Mega Bezel features themselves.

4 Likes

Here is a WIP on the Apple II request.

There is a whole lot of work to be done yet but it is taking shape.

5 Likes

@Duimon waoo amazing work!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know much about this, I just know that they look great

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I will appreciate it very much

2 Likes

Here is the last WIP on the Apple II for today.

I just noticed I forgot to change a drive number. :rofl:

6 Likes

Last night I tried Mega Duck in Hyperspin with Retroarch (without using RocketLauncher) and it runs perfect and the @Duimon Advance Mega duck Night overlays look perfect… Thank @Duimon for all!!!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How can i create a new topic? :confused:

Hey Duimon, I tried to download the new presets from your github page, but the master archive has an error.

2 Likes

??

How are you downloading it. Are you trying to download the master as a zip? I don’t think that will work. It is 4.28GB large.

I just successfully downloaded it using the Git method in the second post of this thread. I highly recommend this method because it makes updating very easy.

2 Likes

Here is the final Apple II.

I am very happy with it. I am actually very happy with all the Apples that use this layout style, but I think this is my favorite.

7 Likes

@walter.farmacia The Custom Game Boy overlay and config files are in my overlay repo.

https://github.com/Duimon/Retroarch-Overlays/blob/master/Custom_Game_Boy.zip

Unpack the files and read the Readme.

Here’s a look.

Edit: Taking a look at the Handheld Border shader… I can probably get it to look more like that if you like. (Although it will never look correct using the night mode overlay.)

4 Likes

Honestly. I don’t know where you found that Game Boy Mega Bezel shot. With a few simple parameter changes to my current Game Boy preset you can get it looking pretty close to the Handheld Border shader.

4 Likes

Here’s one more shot with an added Gel layer and some more tweaks.

Aladdin-220613-215640

3 Likes

Looks excellent @Duimon. What does the added Gel layer do? I’m seeing a lighter more translucent look to the “liquid crystals”. Is that because of the additional gel layer?

Fantastic!

1 Like

The Gel layer is a gameboy green-ish image.

Gameboy_GEL

In Additive blending mode, with the right opacity, and the right color of diffuse image layer, it lightens the blacks so they seem semi-transparent.

I increased the screen black edge width and used the parameter that puts the diffuse layer over the screen black edge… then I turned on the tube shadow image and scaled and positioned it so it was on the top an right side.

I also turned on colorize for the screen diffuse layer and tweaked it’s color to be more like the border shader.

Then I turned the bezel height and width down to 20.00.

All on top of my existing tweaks for my Game Boy screen.

It’s pretty amazing that the Mega Bezel has all these features.

Even without the reflection it does a good job of showcasing the features. :grin:

BTW. The rest of the Mega Bezel features, not the reflection, was my motivation to do devices with this type of screen. In the end I decided that they could benefit, with or without a reflection.

4 Likes

I’m really glad you took up the challenge even though I haven’t played nor emulated a Game Boy game in decades. I still like to see things look the best they could be though and I think you’ve nailed this one and successfully given us a fine dmg alternative!

Before (Old)

DMG

After (New)

4 Likes

I think it looks pretty good. I am going to tweak it a bit and I have in mind to do a custom night image render with a single spot highlighting the screen. It may give us a natural looking night mode for this. (Keep us from having to turn the Ambient multiplier down on the Diffuse and Gel image layers.)

4 Likes

Yes I was downloading the master as a zip. Used to work fine. I’ve installed the Git software now. Seems to work. Thank you ! =)

4 Likes