Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Forgot about that. You did set it that way to make it easier.

Change to

[CRT Screen Scaling]
    Non-Integer Scale %: 83.80

[Position Offset]
    Position Y: -2.00

1 Like

ZX81 is in the repo. I still haven’t had any luck getting the keys to work. :frowning_face:

I decided against monochrome mode since, in theory, there are color roms available.

It will be there in case the core improves.

BTW. MAME support is not good either. Oh well.

2 Likes

I was going to create a variation called [B&W] if you didn’t do monochrome so either way. And yes, I have color variations planned out as well.

The keyboard works if Controller 1 is set to none and Controller 2 is set to Sinclair Keyboard. Hotkey Enable also has to be set to a key so the hotkeys aren’t activated. The Shift key on the ZX81 is the Right Shift key on the keyboard.

If anybody is interested I found a book that has programs that can be written with the ZX81.

3 Likes

Here is a WIP on the Tomy Tutor TP-1000.

I just have the characters on the keys and I will be done. :grin:

I had to take a few liberties with this one so there was actually something to see. (Everything was hidden behind the bezel. :upside_down_face:)

This is an interesting system. It is essentially a ZX Spectrum clone, so has some really good games.

7 Likes

Retroarch core can read png files for pico-8 ?

1 Like

You need to rename the PNGs to *.p8.

Here is the latest WIP on the Tomy Tutor.

I finished the keys, modified the logo plate, and created a Decal Layer. The logo plate is a departure from the original but is easier to see.

I also tweaked some various shading and highlights.

I will create the other presets and get it in the repo ASAP. :grin:

9 Likes

The Tomy Tutor is in the repo. :grin:

6 Likes

@Duimon you keep pumping them out pretty quick.

4 Likes

Hy!!! Good day!! I have tried, but I cannot put the original game boy dmg graphics in the Duimon overlays, I know that it cannot be configured in ADVANCE lcd-dmg shader, could you help me

1 Like

I would like Duimon’s Game Boy but if you can with the original game boy graphics

i want this image

with dmg graphics

2 Likes

That is something we cannot do. :frowning_face: At least those of us without a lot of shader coding skill.

@HyperspaceMadness will have to add the DMG shader to the Mega Bezel. It is actually not on the to do list but I know HSM wants to do it. It was in at one time but broke beyond repair.

If you want my graphic, and can live without the reflection, you could always just use my standard overlay with the DMG shader preset.

2 Likes

I don’t care about the reflection, it can be without the reflection, I tried to do it with standard overlay but I don’t know how to do it either you help me

2 Likes

Yeah the DMG preset is tough to work with because it does some automatic scaling. Are you using a 1080 screen or 4K?

2 Likes

I’m putting the pedal to the metal while I have some free time. Things will slow down soon.

I have also decided to do a request for the Apple II that was not on my list, so that will take some time away also.

4 Likes

Duimon … i use 4k resolution

2 Likes

OK. Let me see what I can do with creating a custom overlay.

2 Likes

@Duimon, can you make one where you disable the reflection and bezel and use the LCD Shader and colours from this preset then maybe tweak and work your way towards getting it closer to the DMG Shader image?

What do you think of that idea @walter.farmacia?

I could be wrong but it looks as if the DMG uses Blue as the colour for the LCD pixels and Yellow for the Background that’s why when they blend it looks greenish.

In the Game Com preset it looks like the pixel colour is black. I think the DMG Shader has a PNG with the exact pixel and background colours used.

@Duimon, have you ever thought about updating your handhelds (or providing alternates) which didn’t naturally have bezels and reflections and instead focus on the lighting effects in order to showcase HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader’s greatness?

1 Like

Nope. If people want to eliminate the bezel they can do so with parameters.

I did consider not doing any graphics for devices with a Game Boy style screen. (Because they would never have a reflection.)

I changed my mind and posted at length about my decision.

BTW. @walter.farmacia shot is using the Potato preset which can’t use my Game Boy method.

I will have a 4K overlay and config for him in short order.

3 Likes