Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I would like to reflect a bit on all that has happened since I added this comment to my second post.

It amazes me all the things I have done in a support role, as opposed to creating graphics.

• Captured 1357 screenshots for my GitHub pages gallery.
  • Created the boilerplate presets.
  • Fixed countless bugs found during the conversion.
  • Added countless QOL changes during the conversion process.
  • Migrated the QOL changes to the Potato graphics.
  • Wrote the first of many guides.
  • Reset the repos to slim down the Git installation method.

Rest assured that I will eventually get back to creating new graphics. Before that there are still a great many things to do.

• More specific guides, including one on upcoming RA features.
  • Making use of upcoming RA features. (This will require a deep dive into some presets, and some specific changes to all.)
  • Creating some new overlays and separating them into categories for use with screen-only base presets. (One of the guides will detail their use.)
  • Setting up a workflow and creating some YouTube videos of my presets in action.

These tasks, combined with offering general support in the forums and feedback to my team, will keep me busy for quite some time.

I can honestly say that I’m having the time of my life. :partying_face:

Every support task that I perform feels like a leap in the overall quality of the project, and brings me great satisfaction. :grin:

A big thank you to all that have provided feedback over the months, it means a great deal to me.

This is an really exciting time in the shader world and I feel blessed to be a part of it.

14 Likes

You answer a lot of noobie questions too, Duimon… and have been a real help to me.

3 Likes

back to the vectrex

swapped the overlays to the toplayer for this …and added a blue gel image …

maybe the easy way to archive a better result is to ad a second gel image layer ? so you could have one to archive the blueish glow and another to combine this with the overlay colors :thinking:

edit

another try to archive this with changed monochrome amber hue

with overlay

without (but too blue in the middle )

another try with the second setting this seems to combine the colors closer to the og… :thinking:

3 Likes

@Duimon I think even if you never created another graphic again, all of the troubleshooting and general input you have provided to so many people and projects would be enough for all of us to be super thankful to you for. You are one of the solid blocks in the foundation of this community.

6 Likes

I think, if we wanted to do something for this (And I’m not sure we should.) we would need a new glow section in the Gel parameters with it’s own multiply blend.

Then we could lower the multiply on the lines, and maintain the multiply (Color of the gel.) on the glow.

4 Likes

What ever happened to this bezel idea?

1 Like

I used it until HSM developed the built in masking so we can just take screenshots of our live presets.

The layer group is still in my old overlay source.

3 Likes

Hello, how do I correct this bezel?

1 Like

you can fix that with the flip viewpoint option

4 Likes

Shader Parameters -> Flip & Rotate -> Flip Viewport Vertical, I believe is what you want.

4 Likes

Thanks, it worked for me

2 Likes

Hi @Duimon I would like to report to you that some of your presets don’t seem to work anymore for specific consoles/handheld systems -> Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, SNES, 32X, Game Gear, Master System, Genesis and Mega CD. The problem is whenever I try to start up a game for those specific systems, after some seconds for the shaders to load properly (which is normal) it flickers once and keeps on loading forever while the screen being black, and when I click on the black screen, it goes white and a prompt pops up saying that retroarch.exe is not responding and gives me the option to either close the program or to wait for the program to respond.
I’m using the presets from the Advanced folder, and the presets I’m using for each system are the following:

• Game Boy Color -> GBC-[ADV]-[LCD-GRID]-[Night].slangp

• Game Boy Advance -> GBA-[ADV]-[LCD-GRID]-[Night].slangp

• SNES -> SNES-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp / Super_Famicom-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp (for Japanese games only)

• 32X -> SEGA32X-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp

• Game Gear -> Game_Gear-[ADV]-[LCD-GRID]-[Night].slangp

• Master System -> SMS-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp / MarkIII-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp (for Japanese games only)

• Genesis -> Genesis-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp / Genesis_Alt-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp (for Japanese games only)

• Mega CD -> SEGACD-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp / SEGACD_Alt-[ADV]-[Guest]-[PVM20]-[Night].slangp (for Japanese games only)

The cores I’m using for each system are the following:

• Game Boy Color -> sameboy_libretro.dll
  • Game Boy Advance -> mgba_libretro.dll
  • SNES -> bsnes_libretro.dll
  • 32X -> picodrive_libretro.dll
  • Game Gear / Master System / Genesis / Mega CD -> genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll

Also it may be worth mentioning that I’m using the nightly version of RetroArch on Steam. I’m also using the latest version of Mega Bezel package and the latest version of your Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets. Everything was working fine for those specific systems a week ago. Also thanks a lot for creating this wonderful project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, but since my presets haven’t changed since they were last working for you, it is likely an issue with the nightly.

If you can post a pre-formatted log we may be able to pass something on to the devs.

BTW, do the standard presets of the same systems also fail?

No problem, could you please tell me where the log file is located? Also everything works fine with Game Boy Color, my bad for thinking it doesn’t work with its set preset. Yes the standard presets work, I tried crt-easymode.slangp, crt-royale-fake-bloom-intel.slangp and hq4x.slangp with Game Boy Advance without any problems.

I meant presets from the Standard folder.

So…

GBC-[STD]-[LCD-GRID]-[Night].slangp

…for example.

From the Mega Bezel thread…

BUG REPORTING:

• If the shader not loading or crashing you MUST INCLUDE A LOG for us to help you.
  • How to Generate a Log:
    • Go to Settings
    • Enter Logging
    • Activate Logging Verbosity
    • Adjust Frontend Logging Level to 0 (Debug)
    • Activate Log to File

The file will be in Retorarch/logs.

To make sure the log has the info we need, delete any existing logs, run RA and reproduce the error, close Retroarch if it isnot.

View the log in a text editor, copy the contents and paste it in the forum as “pre-formatted” text.

I tried the GBA-[STD]-[LCD-GRID]-[Night].slangp preset for Game Boy Advance from the Standard folder and still the same problem.

Thanks, I cannot send you a pre-formatted log due to the word limit here. Therefore here’s a pastebin link of the retroarch log -> RetroArch Log - Pastebin.com

1 Like

I didn’t see anything glaringly wrong. Maybe @HyperspaceMadness can take a look.

How are you installing my package? (Release zip or git clone.)

I can run everything with both the stable and the nightly, but the nightly changes a lot. You could try updating again.

One concern I have is that the log is using a core preset. If there are any other overrides in play they could be the cause.

If possible, could you rename your Retroarch.exe and replace it with the stable exe to see if the issue goes away?

Hi

I just discovered these bezels and I am absolutely in love with all of them!

The sheer crafstmanship on the graphical work on these is amazing - I cannot imagine the time it must take / have taken to create them.

I had to create a login to this site because I wanted to tell you that.

Please keep up the good work :clap: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Duimon for these charts, I am just complicating myself with the mixture of Cyber’s presets in combination with those of MAME. But I am having so much fun. Duimon the Master.

3 Likes

Ok so today I opened up steam and it did the usual automatic update for Retroarch Nightly, and when I started up a GBA game with the set preset for it, it just started working again as intended. So yeah some of the nightly updates from a few days ago until yesterday seemed to have caused the issue I was facing, but fortunately not anymore :slight_smile:

Whenever I update your package I delete the old one first, then download the latest one from the releases page on github.

I never use core overrides, the only setting saved as core presets is the controller mapping.

1 Like