Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Yeah, I imagine it does look fairly plain.

I wasn’t complaining about the logo version as it does look nice.

1 Like

Maybe a NES Jr. would look more visually interesting? It’s a top-loading NES.

1 Like

I cannot seem to find the Super Famicom alternate in the repo ?

2 Likes

Well, that is an oddball unit! I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an overlay for that. I’ll seriously have to think about it.

I think I’ll do something other than Nintendo or SEGA next, but I’m not sure I’m ready to start converting my MS-DOS to vector. (Doing a whole PC tower in vector is bound to take some time. :wink:)

Maybe something Atari.

1 Like

@Tromzy

You are correct, I forgot to commit. Give me one minute. :grin:

OK done!

2 Likes

Pc-Engine/TurboGrafx would be cool, as well.

I don’t know just throwing ideas out, lol.

2 Likes

I have been trying to find a reliable and attractive way to color my RA bezels in Photoshop. I found a method that stacks 3 of my bezel groups on top of each other using different blending modes and transparencies, along with a color layer in the middle.

How does everyone feel about this?

6 Likes

I like it, color is a little more saturated then I’d like.

But it’s nice looking!

Yeah, that’s the main problem I have been having. Too saturated and too reflective.

I have a couple more ideas to try yet. It is something I would like to do but I won’t risk lowering the overall quality.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t recommend sacrificing quality for it, lol.

At the very least, I’m fine with that version if you can’t find a better solution.

1 Like

Man you’ve really been moving on these, they’re looking awesome!

3 Likes

Honestly, if I can’t find a solution I’m happy with I’ll just stick to the default. I really want colored bezels though. :upside_down_face:

I also want something that I can include in the source folder that allows an artist to simply adjust the color on the color overlay to get what they want. I want to make changing it easy.

I remember how frustrating it was for me that I couldn’t do something simple to bezels I downloaded, like remove or alter the inner shadow. (NOT an easy task with a PNG and no source file.)

I’m trying to do something different! :innocent:

So… grouping all my stacked layers and just lowering the saturation 20% gave me this.

I feel like I’m getting close!

3 Likes

That looks alot better, imo.

@HyperspaceMadness

Thanks! As I mentioned, it is getting easier with every one. I’m almost ready to attack the MS-DOS one.

@Syh

I agree, thanks.

1 Like

love them all so far except I’m a bit underwhelmed by the NES options… iknow the nes box is pretty plain though so its pretty difficult

I agree. Other than adding fake elements just for interest I’m not sure how to improve it. I have one idea I can try.

There will also be the much more interesting Famicom option after I create it. :grin:

1 Like

Here’s my idea.

I thought that by just zooming out a bit and adding a drop shadow to the case, we could maintain reality but add more interest. Opinions?

1 Like

OK. Here’s my first attempt (maybe second :wink:) at a night mode. Using some of the new overlay blending and masking features, combined with some lighting effects on the background.

Please overlook the PS tag. :wink:

5 Likes

Another attempt at using the new features (Thank you HSM!) One of my graphics in multiply mode on top of a glass preset, with some Non-Integer scaling to balance it. I’ll have to do some testing to see how well this method works with different graphics.

5 Likes

Another attempt at night mode. Couple things I’m after here…

• A warm feeling to the light.
  • Really feel like the lights are dim.
  • I want to make it an easy conversion process.

I wasn’t getting the right feeling from this until I took advantage of HSM’s new gamma level.

I’m getting close to what I wanted.

keep in mind I expect this to be used in a dark room… :grin:

5 Likes