Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I believe this one is done. :crazy_face:

It is in the repo.

On to the TI-99/4A. :partying_face:

8 Likes

It’s time for me to get started for a multisystem use of MAME for the sake of these beauties :star_struck:

I really have to remember to do an OCD pass before I add these to the repo.

The bottom row of keys didn’t have drop shadows! :astonished:

It is fixed, and the repo updated. :wink:

6 Likes

Here’s a WIP on the TI99/4A.

I’m a little frustrated that this is actually a MAME Software List machine and not an RA core. (I was really, really trying to get all the cores done first.)

At least it seems to work well with the most current core.

The graphic seems heavy on the right side, and it will get worse once the vents are there. I think I am going to move both logos to the upper left side to balance it.

4 Likes

Yooo, what is that Gaelco game?

1 Like

It is the Thunder Hoop 2 also called Th Strikes Back, a game that until version 196 of Mame more or less could not be emulated due to protection.

1 Like

Here’s one more checked off the list. :partying_face:

This is in the repo.

Next up… MSX and MSX2. :grin:

6 Likes

That will teach me to listen to my own advice. :innocent:

The keys were looking too one dimensional. (Some gradients were needed and the drop shadows were wrong.)

Also the function text on the front of the keys was too bright and the CTRL red dot was missing.

(Must remember to do an OCD pass before committing :upside_down_face:).

Fixed and updated.

3 Likes

Let’s see when I have time if I try the supergrafx and the Thomson because I really want but I hardly have time, I’m anxiously waiting for the MSX ones, the MSX turbo R, haven’t you thought about doing anything?

1 Like

Damn dude. I can only do one at a time. :astonished:

I haven’t decided on which models of MSX to do. It will NOT be the Panasonic Turbo R. (Too many front facing details.)

More than likely I will do SONY models, since they are the most common.

Honestly, I am thinking about ordering the list by level of difficulty, to allow me to get as many done ASAP. This would move the Atari’s to the top and the MSX somewhere below. I reserve the right to do the list in any order I choose.

Nah, I said it out of curiosity, to me with the MSX and the MSX2 that are the ones that I emulate is enough :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Well today I have taken a break with Mame but I got bored and started to try things and this came out with the famicom disc system since Duimon had not planned to do it, I do not see it bad but I think maybe I can improve it.

Logically I have used Duimon material again :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I feel like this WIP is far enough along to show.

The MSX! :grin:

I picked the SONY HB-101 “White” model. (I like the colors and details.)

This graphic has been really tough. (A lot of weird shapes, angles, and bevels etc. :slightly_frowning_face:)

I am taking a few liberties to show more details. I will take more. :wink:

Expect a lot of changes before it is done. :wink:

8 Likes

Duimon, have you already created a PVM or BVM monitor or a commercial crt tv to use with HSM? I thought i saw one but cant find it

There are two stand-alone presets…

PVM_PVM20

PVM_TM20

each in three different flavors, for the Standard base.

I have Advanced base presets for each of the CRT based systems.

in both the PVM20 and TM20 flavors, day and night.

I also have several consumer grade CRTs.

TV4

TV5 (It appears the advanced presets are broken ATM.)

TV6.

7 Likes

Outstanding graphics habilities you have my friend, im going to do some initial overlay ideas for consoles and vertical hd tvs based on your work and id like to know your opinions, ill post them here as soon as i have them

1 Like

Feel free to dive into the Illustrator source if you have the skill and computer horsepower. Remember to turn the Effects resolution to 300dpi.

1 Like

It will be some very basic ideas made with transparencies and edited images, i lack the skills you have with vectors, i want to give you some basic examples of some ideas i have and ask u if you really really like them when you have time if you can make a vector version of them, my english is limited so i better explain with some images instead of words, lol, i think this weekend ill have them ready

2 Likes

Go ahead, though I don’t foresee spending a lot of time on 4K Vertical stuff. For consoles, when I build my own setup, I will be using these from Briball…

Sometime after I finish all the core and MAME SL graphics, I may revisit my 4K vertical stuff. It would be interesting to see what I can do after all I have learned in the last year. I did my 4K Vertical stuff very early on. :innocent:

3 Likes

Here’s the final version. (Maybe. :wink:)

And a peek at hidden details.

8 Likes