Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

The new Gamecube is in the repo.

I have changed my mind about waiting and am currently creating the Basic Presets. I will do the Basic with Reflection after these are in the repo.

I am a little behind on my RA Overlays (And I will be using them as backgrounds.) so I will probably get those done also. :grin:

Since the Base Basic presets now support night mode, and my Overlay sources have custom LED layers, I will probably use my old ‘custom night layer’ method for systems with LEDs.

If it’s possible, I see no reason why the Basic preset users shouldn’t have night mode like everyone else. :innocent: Wish me luck.

6 Likes

I don’t find it in the repo. BTW, I love your gamecube rework! I can’t wait to see your next projects! Seems like an endless project as your skills improve :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The art replaced the original graphic, so it will appear that nothing has changed.

Thank you! :innocent: Take the new x68000 graphics for a spin, they are even more improved.

That is exactly what my lovely wife says. :rofl:

Honestly, I hope it is true. I love being part of this community. Although I don’t plan on introducing an endless development cycle of redoing all my graphics as my skills improve. I have too many other projects on my future list. :grin:

Just redoing the Game Cube and x68000 graphics means I have to update my RA Overlays, both the standard and the no curvature, with night versions. It can be a lot of work.

I also have the Atari 800, XE, XEGS, ST, the Sharp X1, and the FM-Towns on my RA Overlay update list.

Then I need to add the results into my Basic presets project, and create a thin no curvature bezel so my Bezel with Reflect presets using LCD-GRID have something to reflect onto.

It will be a busy day. :wink:

3 Likes

I checked manually on git but found only the “old” CG png

Am I missing something?

And yeah, I love your Sharp X68 and MSX work! I even reimported Coleco just for your arts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I didn’t keep both versions of the graphic. The new graphic has the same name as the old.

Thank you, they are some of my favorite creations!

@Duimon Did you recently change the folder structure of your presets? I just did a git pull and none of my presets no longer load anymore. I noticed in the presets folder you have them separated out with additional folders such as standard, advanced, basic and etc. now. I am guessing that is the reason?

2 Likes

Yeah, I made an announcement a couple of days before I made the change.

I’m sorry about the pain it has caused you but the change was for a good reason. A good search and replace software should make easy work of fixing it.

3 Likes

Ah gotcha, its not a big deal. I can easily change it with notepad++. I was just checking to make sure.

2 Likes

Here’s some cool news!

For the past few years no effort has been made by the MAME team to improve the DEC PDP-1 emulation. (You all know it has a special place in my heart.)

I opened an issue on their GitHub concerning Software list support. (It had no hash XML so needed to be loaded from the command line.)

This, along with some timing issues, has been addressed in the newest version of MAME. While there is currently no way of compiling a Libretro core, (Some pieces are missing.) I have hope that there soon will be, and emulation will improve. It looks like they have at least added support for a second Paper Tape image. (The very cool “Munching Squares” visual demo.)

2 Likes

Virtual PDP-1!

The Minskytron and Other Early Graphics Demos @ PDP-1 (masswerk.at)

It’s interesting the display has quite a long decay

Can you get this kind of decay with the guest afterglow?

2 Likes

Not really. The PDP-1 display, and all of it’s attributes, are generated by MAME. Unlike contemporary machines it uses a very outdated MESS CRT driver, the decay is built in so it conflicts with any post effects.

There is an open issue requesting that the methods be changed. In light of the recent attention the machine has received, I have hope.

Any drastic change will force me to redo my “In the wild” MAME overlay and my Mega Bezel border, but that is a small price to pay for modern functionality.

1 Like

Work on the Basic presets is moving forward. I have all the CRT done. For the LCD, my RA Overlays don’t have bezels (Only cutouts.) so I am creating some for the Mega Bezel graphics.

Here is a sample.

My workflow is pretty much developed so it should go pretty quickly now.

8 Likes

hey duimon :slight_smile: have u plan to do presets for vertical naomi games?

2 Likes

I will get those done ASAP.:grin:

4 Likes

wow ok thank you :slight_smile: my friend!

1 Like

I should be doing a pretty big update tonight. I will include the Naomi.

3 Likes

we just have to update via git or must we do something more?

1 Like

Nope you can use git. I’ll post after I update. I have some more work that needs to be done so it may be a while yet.:smiley:

OK the repo is updated, or more accurately, the Repos are updated. Here is a list of the changes.

Retroarch-Overlays

• Overlays, both standard and no-curvature have been brought in line with the Mega Bezel graphics. (This includes a slew of missing handhelds, the updated x68000, and Game Cube.)

• Any overlays that were still using my old bezel have been updated.

• MAME, FB-Neo, and Arcade have been added, both horizontal and vertical. (Not the Cabinet versions.)

Duimon-Mega-Bezel

• Hybrid graphics, (Overlays and Backgrounds) have been updated using the new overlay additions. (This is in preparation for Hybrid presets.)

• Game Cube graphic has been updated. (I committed it before but forgot to push it.)

• Added Naomi Vertical presets to the Standard and Advanced.

• Basic presets have been added. (Vertical Naomi included.) The night mode presets are waiting on a bug fix in the shader. All the LCD presets have a thin bezel so there is something for the BASIC-REFLECT presets to reflect on.

Phew! That was fun!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You may notice that the Vectrex is missing from the Basic presets. It is also missing from the overlays.

Right now my graphic depends on the generated bezel. I am not sure what I will do about that. :thinking:

If I design some kind of static bezel for the overlays and Basic presets, then it would make sense to use the static element in the other presets too.

Have fun with the update! Let me know what is broken. :grin:

6 Likes

@Duimon, I noticed when trying to load the “Basic” Horizontal FB-Neo Shader, the bezel is rotated vertically by default. I checked both the Horizontal and the vertical versions and both have this as the last line:
BackgroundImage = “:/shaders/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/_Basic/FB-Neo/FB-Neo_Vertical.png”

3 Likes