Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Nice!

Any plans for a Sega Master System or Turbografx version?

So many possibilities… :smile:

2 Likes

TurboGrafx is next on the list.

I’ll also be doing PC Engine and both CD systems, Atari 2600, 7800, Jaguar and Lynx, SEGA SG-1000, CD, 32X, Master System, Commodore 64, Amiga and Amiga CD32, ScummVM, Gameboy, and Advance, MAME and FBA. (Probaby some other systems like CD-i and Atari ST etc… I will exhaust the RA core list. :upside_down_face:)

The Arcade stuff will most likely be Cabs and along with them I’ll prolly create some things like speakers and coin doors other artist can use. (I think some near photo-realistic vector cab components would be well received by the community.)

Looks like I’ll probably be hanging around for a while. :grin:

3 Likes

All of this looks awesome, but I can’t use my monitor like that, the screen becomes too small :frowning: Are you returning to landscape mode or will be working only in portrait mode?

Not to worry. This 4K Vertical stuff is just extra. Landscape is still the main focus. :wink:

2 Likes

Wow! That is quite the list!

No hurry though, your stuff is coming out really well :slight_smile:

1 Like

just started some work on coindoors, I can pass anything on to you if you need when I am finished.

2 Likes

Very nice! I will be doing mine in vector of course but I may use yours as a reference, I have a few reference images of my own also. (Although I think what you are showing here might do really well in my Pinball 3DBox art on my HTPC. :wink:)

For those interested…

This DOES complete the current set. HSM shader graphics are in my repo, still working on the RA Overlays. There are custom night TopLayerImages for each manufacturer. (i.e. SEGA, SONY, etc…)

3 Likes

I’m not sure what my issue with the GameCube is, but I’m not feeling it. (If I figure out what my issue is I’ll let you know, lol)

On the other hand the PlayStation one looks great, love the screen bezel.

1 Like

I may saturate the purple a bit more sometime. I am really just trying to give them something in common with the regular graphics. I honestly think that night mode is where these things shine.

1 Like

Please do, your input is important to me!

1 Like

If you have any interesting or unique coin door reference images please share. We are looking for some that lend authenticity to the overlays we are doing and some of these (like the Midway or Taito) coin doors can be used on a number of overlays.

3 Likes

Nothing real special. :upside_down_face: And I don’t think they would be the needed quality anyway. Since I am doing vector I can start with pretty low res as my template.

1 Like

After some discussion with @Syh I have decided I prefer my predominantly black version of Gamecube…

I will update it when I do the RA overlays. :grin:

2 Likes

OK! RA Overlay 4K Vertical versions are up in the repo, both regular and alt versions with a larger screen area. I decided to not do any colored bezels on them, only black, it just felt better. Night versions are also included.

Now on to something new!!! :grin:

2 Likes

Hello all!

TurboGrafx16!!

10 Likes

Yes! Back on track for us landscape commoners! :smiley: That one looks superb as usual.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not quite sure I like the top third. It is true to life, but I may make a few changes and then ask for an opinion. Realism is only part of it, I want it to feel good too.

1 Like

Wow, nicely done sir.

1 Like

Another attempt, to try and give this some balance…

Not as true to life with the dock taking up less space and the body more, but I think I like it better.

I didn’t do the cartridge slot because it gave me an easy way to balance the design with the two port arrows on opposing sides of the screen. :grin: I may design it and keep it hidden so people can have more options with the source.

7 Likes