Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

@HyperspaceMadness

What do you think of this my friend?

Based on these images…

Sega Master System Power LED.

and…

Sega Master System Power LED Mod.

I made a small change to the SMS graphic.

Old.

New.

New in night mode.

8 Likes

I have updated all the LED images to work with the new shader version method, and removed the custom night TopLayerImages from the repo.

Until a new bug is worked out there won’t be an LED in the Gamecube night mode. :frowning_face:

Logo TopLayerImages have been renamed to Decal.* to reflect the new image layers.

All the new needed graphics are up in the repo, as are the updated shader presets.

Due, I think, to the sheer dominance of the screen, I had to tweak the Wii night mode quite a bit to make it tolerable. There is a Wii night mode preset.

Have fun everyone!!! :grin:

1 Like

I am thinking quite strongly about redoing the Wii graphic and making it a “Black” version of the Wii. Opinions??

1 Like

Very nice!! You are a Genie!!! :grinning:

1 Like

@Tromzy I have Big Box setup with a the “Startup Screen” to be the same as the Bevel shader. I’ve gotten a few flickers but most of the time it transitions nicely.

@HyperspaceMadness That sounds awesome.

2 Likes

Since we now have both Night and Decal layers, I went back and added the missing vintage details to the monitor in my DOSBox graphic that were present in the original raster version. With the new control over the beveled edge of the frame, I think it is better than the original! :blush:

And a sneak peak at a new night mode.

For those that feel they need a larger screen size, there will still be the alternate graphic. :grin:

8 Likes

If you make one for the Mac just make the screen black so you can’t play any games on it. At least that’s how I felt as a kid.

2 Likes

Ha ha, you are totally right, I had Macs too and the best I could find was Dark Castle, Shadowgate and a version of Dragon’s Lair. Not many games, and they were in living black and white!!!

1 Like

Sadly, there is no apple core. I might try to use the MAME core for a couple of systems after I finish all the dedicated cores. I have had some luck with MAME software lists. The VTech V.Smile works pretty well, and I had the Philips CD-i working but now it doesn’t. :frowning_face: (I even did a graphic for it.) Using content directory presets should make it fairly simple. The real challenge is mapping controls. We’ll see.

I am also sad about a lack of an Apple Core (Ha) I’ve tried a few emulators but they are a pain and I just want to see some of the old games like Crystals Quest, and Dark Castle.

I have the CD-i working in mame. It was a little bit of a hassle but I can try and find tutorial I followed if you want to play those sweet sweet Philips games.

1 Like

I had two separate tutorials that I followed. The standard software list method is pretty straightforward, and works for most, but not the CD-i anymore. :frowning_face:

If you have the time. Try your method with a clean temporary install and see if it still works. BTW. Are you using MAME or the MAME core?

Alright then.

The SG-1000, SG-1000 Alt, and PC Engine are up in the repo including RA overlay versions.

I have created Decals for everything that wasn’t already using one. They are mostly manufacturer logos and they are enabled by default in all the presets, (Because I think they look cool! :grin:) they can be turned off if you hate them. Of course, the presets are all updated.

Also the SMS, SMS Alt, and TurboGrafx16 have all been updated, reflecting changes I have posted about.

While I was creating the decals, I took advantage of my journey through the folders and updated the source in a few graphics. (My development path has changed since creating a few of them.)

Specifically, the SEGA Dreamcast Alternate has been reworked. With the new features in the shader, many things I was doing in source can now be done with the shader parameters and paths. It has been updated and is now using a Decal, and there is an LED for the new night method.

PC Engine CD and TurboGrafx CD are next. Then maybe a couple more handhelds, the Sharp X68000, and the Amiga. (The Amiga should be great fun!! :blush:)

1 Like

I’m using the Mame core. The Bevel shader with custom cropping comes in handy because a giant CDi logo stays on at the top. I believe this is the tutorial I followed which was less than a year ago.

1 Like

Thanks. How about you trying it on a clean temp install so I know if the problem is with some change in RA or on my end?

@Duimon It is dead for me as well. It worked a few months ago so a recent update to the mame core must messed something up.

1 Like

@Duimon I have a version of the mame core from June and that works.

1 Like

OK. I tried a MAME core from 2019 and it works, so now we know. :grin:

So…

I am going to commit to doing a few console graphics for the MAME core after I finish all the other cores. Apparently they will be broken from time to time. :frowning_face:

This is the first CD-i graphic that I have seen. :grin: (Content Directory presets work great for the MAME core!)

3 Likes

Hi Duimon, are you planning to release a FBNeo overlay, or at least a generic arcade cabinet ?

2 Likes

Yes I plan on doing a generic arcade that will allow people to add their own custom bezels. (It is rather low on the priority list.)

There are quite a few really good Arcade graphics by other artists that can easily be used. :grin:

3 Likes

I never thought my console themed bezels could help inspire something like this. The work being done is absolutely fantastic! You’ve taken it to the next level. :grinning:

2 Likes