Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I only wish I had your skills. Brilliant!

1 Like

I had a CRT TV like this 3 years ago. Used to play Wii console. It was definitely my last console. I sold everything to be with the emulation.

The TV codename is CLl 21m21mq. Considered here in my country one of the best CRT TVs created by Samsung.

I like her very much. Really really good TV!

1 Like

It’s the same @Duimon created, the only difference is that yours is 21 inch. Yeah, good TV.

I really wish there was an easy to use Mac emulator out there. I have a few memories I’d like to revisit. Ancient Art of War and Dark Tower just don’t look right to me on the other systems.

Here’s a new WIP.

The RCA XL-100!

Still need an OCD pass. The buttons are bothering me a bit, I need to tweak the reflection corners, and some highlights are a bit to bright.:innocent:

9 Likes

Very cool!!

Hey @Duimon , shouldn’t that image be black and white? :laughing:

Is the image on TV a game or movie?

I make an observation about these TV graphics. The distance from the TV with the wall in the background. Perhaps a more distant shadow can improve this feeling.

1 Like

:rofl:

A movie. It’s using the Retroarch FFMPEG core.

Nope. I tried it. More shadow just makes it feel even flatter. :frowning_face: There’s just not enough wall for a reference point. Perhaps a darker background would help. I still have some work to do on this anyway, just a WIP.

Thanks for the input.

1 Like

I did a pretty serious OCD pass on the RCA.

I got lucky and found some details pics. I redid the buttons, added text to the control panel and window, added the LED, toned down the highlights in places, and completely redid the speaker panel. Everything is pretty accurate now. Turns out there was quite a bit of plastic on the cabinet that I assumed was all wood. Took me by surprise and forced some big changes.

I also tweaked the reflection inside corners. Thanks @HyperspaceMadness for so many helpful parameters.

I’m happy.

BTW…@soqueroeu

I played with the shadow a bit, increasing it a lot and giving it quite a bit of distance from the top of the cabinet. I think it helps. Thanks for the idea.

I may try the same thing on the Samsung.

@HyperspaceMadness I turned the screen vignette down to 0.05 and got the results I wanted without dimming the reflection. :grin:

10 Likes

@Duimon Wow this looks great. I really like the nightlighting version. Looking forward to seeing this and the samsung one appear as a preset in your repo! :slight_smile:

Hi @Duimon , I’m a graphic artist with skills in vectors and I’m really enjoying your design solutions.

As I recently completed a retrace of Commodore 1804 monitor I used with my mighty Commodore Amiga 500, I was thinking about contributing to your overlays for Amiga and C64. If you’re interested, how can we get in touch for technical details about assets and design?

2 Likes

Amazing man !!

These TVs were artifact of a few buyers. They are getting very beautiful !!

Keep up!!

1 Like

Hey! A little background info… I use a HDHomerun network device, with a CableCard, to provide Live TV to anyone on my network. I use Kodi with NextPVR to watch and record TV on my HTPC.

Well. With the help of VLC, and it’s network transcoding feature, I was able to get Retroarch to play live TV.

Now I just have to find some 4x3 content. TMC doesn’t seem to be available. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

@Tromzy

Here’s what I had in mind. What do you think?

3 Likes

Another Option. :wink:

5 Likes

One more. Opinions welcome. :grin:

3 Likes

Awesome ! I really like the ones with the ScummVM logos. :slight_smile: Could you make one without the border curve ? I always set my CRT-Geom option to 0…

1 Like

I’ll leave parameter details like that to the user. I’m feeling I will go with the last one, although I have an idea to more tightly integrate the branding.

a little Scrubs marathon is the best 4:3 testing environment! :innocent:

1 Like

I really dig the latest TV image but I can’t find it in the repository. Will you upload it? :smiley:

1 Like

Sure thing. I’ll upload it after work today.

1 Like