Error enabling WiFi on PC

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to enable WiFi using the ‘connmanctl enable wifi’ command, but I get the following message:

Error wifi: Method “SetProperty” with signature “sv” on interface “net.connman.Technology” doesn’t exist

The output of lspci -v:

Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01) DeviceName: Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17 Memory at 90100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3 Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information: Len=78 <?> Capabilities: [48] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+ Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00 Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-f4-ff-ff-09-40-2c Capabilities: [16c] Power Budgeting <?> Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge Kernel modules: bcma

Anyone knows how to solve it?

I’m having the very same problem.

Mine is a Broadcom BCM4352

But other than that, same exact scenario.

Most annoyingly is that this device doesn’t have wired network, it ONLY has wireless (speaking of, srsly, why so convoluted to get into CLI without SSH? I need CLI to configure network, but I need network to get to CLI… or modify the boot conf… what?)

Bump

Having the same error. Are our Wifi cards not supported? This isn’t a deal breaker but still…

07:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01) Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless Network Adapter Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19 Memory at 90100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3 Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information: Len=78 <?> Capabilities: [48] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+ Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00 Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-f9-ff-ff-a1-ec-55 Capabilities: [16c] Power Budgeting <?> Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge Kernel modules: bcma

Same Problem here.

I’m using a TP-Link 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter (2.4GHz), Model No. TL-WN823N. It works fine under Windows for example.

Hi,

Is it possible to test it with Lakka 2.0 RC5 ?

Thank you.

The answer all your questions the Wi-Fi does not work not enabled yet or the command lines haven’t been found yet I had the same problem but I had to hard-lined it when I tried to change out the hard-line to Wi-Fi I kept getting the system freeze up the system they do stay in their Wi-Fi is not available just yet they’re still working out the bugs

Correction it does support Wi-Fi but you got to do a lot of different things

Found this on the web page itself I haven’t tried it just yeah I don’t have a network card that I can work with

You can enable Wifi in the menu.

Try it and it freezes the os.

Please try to provide Lakka system and input device logs.

Thank you.

Sorry for delay. I try to get the logs you ask for unfortunate .I can not seem to get to them .(try differ methods but to no luck) trying to take pics today and will send them.

Just a quick note that I am also experiencing problems with WiFi on my PC. As with another poster this PC only has WiFi and no Ethernet, so enabling command line was a real pain.

If I try to scan for wireless networks in the graphical interface, I get a junk SSID (normally with some weird characters as the name). If I try to use connmanctl, I get the following message.

Error wifi: Method “SetProperty” with signature “sv” on interface “net.connman.Technology” doesn’t exist

I tried installing Lakka on a fairly old PC (>5 years old) so it’s not using super new hardware.

Thanks!

Please try to provide Lakka system and input device logs (dmesg).

Otherwise it will be difficult to help you.

Thank you.

connmanctl: I do not understand how this works, can anyone help? The following statement appears: Error getting VPN connections: The name net.connman.vpn was not provided by any

I’ve been running into the exact same problem as rstrube:

I’ve attempted enabling logging, and scanning for wifi connections through the UI to see what is captured. Turns out, it’s the same error message quoted above, the one that occurs when attempting to use connmanctl to enable wifi through the command line.

I’ve tested this on both a Razer Blade Stealth laptop, and a Surface Pad tablet. Both have the same symptoms. I have also tried this on two USB sticks, both having the same issue. Wired connections work. I am able to locate the wireless adapter through Linux commands, so the OS is able to identify it.

Any and all help would be appreciated, as I’m preparing to give out some live USB versions of Lakka as groomsman gifts, and being unable to connect to wifi would be very unfortunate. If there are any more details I could provide, I would be glad to do so.

Don’t know if this has anything to do with your probs because I don’t use CLI on my lakka laptop but I thought I would mention it anyway.

The other day I was mucking around with my sons PSP and to get it to connect to my network I had to change the authentication method on my access point to WPA instead of WPA2 and the encryption from AES to TPK. Then later that day I noticed my Lakka box refused to connect to the WAP as it always had done. I changed it back because I don’t need the PSP’s to have network access anyway.

Like I said, I don’t know if they are related issues but maybe your wireless settings on the Router/WAP are the culprit?

BTW, I am running Lakka 2.1 RC4 on a Dell i7 with an Intel wireless card. My WAP is a Billion 7800 NXL with no routing, firewall, NAT or DHCP functionality, basically working in bridge mode.

Oz