Failed to Compile Lakka on Tinker Board running TinkerOS (Debian)

So… I wanted to see if I could just use the Tinker Board itself to compile builds. I figured it would just be easier to just leave the Tinker Board running and just SSH in to it whenever I want to compile things. Problem is that it seems to be failing. I don’t really know enough to determine what the exact issue is but I have guesses.

It looks like it may just be detecting my Tinker Board as a x86_64 because it says “Configuring for linux-x86_64” when it starts to build. I apologize for my ignorance here but I don’t compile much and when I do it’s not usually on the Tinker Board. This is the first time i’ve tried to compile anything on the Tinker Board.

I noticed that the error was due to the “-64” flag not being recognized for gcc. I’m note sure if this is just related to the x86_64 situation or if I need to make some sort of modification.

Maybe the Tinker Board won’t even be able to compile this period. I just don’t know enough about what i’m doing here to say. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the last part of the output.

Configured for linux-x86_64.

*** Because of configuration changes, you MUST do the following before
*** building:

make depend
Executing (host): make
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/openssl-1.0.2l/.arm-linux-gnueabihf'
making all in crypto...
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/openssl-1.0.2l/.arm-linux-gnueabihf/crypto'
make[2]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add '+' to parent make rule.
/usr/bin/perl ../util/mkbuildinf.pl "/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -I. -I.. -I../include  -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -O3 -Wall -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DRC4_ASM -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DECP_NISTZ256_ASM" "linux-x86_64" >buildinf.h
/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -I. -I.. -I../include  -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -O3 -Wall -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DRC4_ASM -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DECP_NISTZ256_ASM   -c -o cryptlib.o cryptlib.c
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-m64'
make[2]: *** [<builtin>: cryptlib.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/openssl-1.0.2l/.arm-linux-gnueabihf/crypto'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:287: build_crypto] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/linaro/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/openssl-1.0.2l/.arm-linux-gnueabihf'
Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
make: *** [image] Error 2
linaro@Tinker:~/Downloads/Lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC$

I couldn’t paste the entire output. I’ve attached the full output as an image. Text looks small. you’ll have to zoom.

Just to be clear. I don’t want to confuse anyone. I know this attempt to compile was for the Pi2/3. I get that it may seem funny but yes, i’m using the Tinker Board to compile the image for my Pi3. I’m not trying to compile an image for the Tinker Board itself.

I’ve never tried to compile Lakka from an ARM computer. I’m not sure if it is supported.

So it looks like it’s possible to do but not without some work. I found a couple sites that have some good info on what needs to happen to do it but I don’t really feel like bothering with it to figure it out. I’ll just stick to a VM with debian on it. Easy enough.