FreeIntv: the new Mattel Intellivision core (with video demonstration)

After turning game focus off, the hotkey combos now work, however F1 does not, could that be because I have my keyboard set up as a controller?

Hi everyone. My first post in a forum. Sorry in advance if I’m not doing well or I’ve chosen the wrong thread. Just wanna ask if someone’s had a problem with some Intellivision games (PINBALL e.g.) asking for number of players or level. I press ‘1’ but cannot find a button or key for ENTER, to accept the selection and start the game. (Other games doesn’t need to wait for ENTER and just start after pressing the desired number). Any idea to solve it? Thanks!!

“E” bottom right on the keypad overlay is “Enter”.

Thanks, Keltron3030 for your quick answer. Unfortunately, I cannot find a key to show the keypad overlay on screen either. I watched a video on YouTube explaining how to do it with an Xbox1 controller (holding left shoulder button), but I can’t activate it from my 2 joysticks, their buttons, or pc keyboard. (I’m running retroarch core FreeIntv on Windows 10).

Example of problem game PINBALL: Key ‘1’ : ask for players (but I can’t ENTER) Keys ‘2’ or ‘5’ : pause game Key ‘Alt’ : shows Help screen This Help screen points out that L/R shows Keypad, but ¿what’s that key in my pc keyboard? ¿Is there a way to remap it?

Example of working game Dig Dug: Controls work perfectly (player-2 joystick responds for all directions, and any of the keys ‘a’ ‘s’ ‘q’’ ‘Ctrl’ or ‘Alt’ acts as FIRE. No problem at all with this game and many more, but there’re also many, waiting for ENTER to be pressed.

One more (important) thing: I’ve just noticed some games are cropped from both sides. They are playable though, but maybe the keypad remains hidden for that reason, and I’d like to check it out. How could I change the image format to make it fit properly on screen? Thanks a lot again for your time.

Settings>input>port 1 controls. Remap L & R to whatever keyboard keys would want, then save your configuration file.

What joysticks are you using? Retroarch is designed to be used with modern gamepads and this emulator makes use of the shoulder buttons to activate the keyad. If you don’t have a controller with shoulder buttuns, the shoulder button action will have to be remapped. If you are using a keyboard you can try other Intellivision emulators like Mame or Jzintv that map the controller keypad buttons to the keyboard by default.

Settings>input>port 1 controls, doesn’t show any option (only: ‘—’ checked), so I can’t remap. This only happens for a few cores. The rest show different options that I successfully use for other emulators, to make them fit to my arcade machine controls.

Hi, libretrouser! I got an arcade machine with “Industrias Lorenzo” brand joysticks. I also have spinner and trackball for each player (different brands). So it’s amazing for all kind of games experience… :smiley: The seller told me that all my controls are mapped as keyboard keys and mouse. But I miss an easier and direct way of mapping my controls with those specific keys for each console (and sometimes for each game, when it comes to computer emulators with different keys assignment). Sorry for my amateur language. I’m not well-versed in this field… yet :slight_smile: Mame doesn’t work for me with Intellivision games. Maybe depends on mame version? I’ll try Jzintv if I can’t finally remap keys successfully.

Very old versions of Mame won’t have the Intellivision emulator. And use regular Mame, the version of Mame adapted to Retroarch/libretro also has limited controller mapping.

Thanks! I’ll try it… :+1:

Anyone using FreeIntv under Linux ARMHF with Retroarch? I can’t find a way to get the left and right triggers properly recognized using an xbox controller. All other buttons and sticks are properly accessible. You would normally set the l2 and r2 axis values to “+2” and “+5” in the cfg file, but they don’t take as expected for this libretro core. Other cores I’ve tried on the same platform handle the triggers with this configuration setting, thank you!