GameCube L and R triggers?

I have been trying for ages to get analog triggers working in the Dolphin Emulator on Lakka. If you don’t know, in GameCube games such as Super Mario Sunshine, you need to half press the L and R analog triggers. I have tried but I can’t seem to get it working. The only joypad drivers I have are: udev, x and linuxraw. I have tried changing these but it doesn’t do anything. I have done jstest /dev/input/js0 and the triggers are treated as analog. Can someone please help?

My setup is a PC running the linux build of lakka. Specs: Intel Core i5 AMD Radeon r5 435 8GB DDR4 RAM 1TB Seagate HD Xbox 1 Controller connected via USB

Thanks in Advance!

If you are using the dolphin emulator, I know you can set the threshold for the left and right triggers. I set my threshold to 90 and everything works perfectly for super mario sunshine. I have never used lakka. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I’m not able to set threshold. How am I able to find it?

are you using the gamecube/wii emulator in retroarch, or are you using the actual dolphin emulator?

the libretro core can load the dolphin.ini files (I’m not 100% on top of how it’s done, but there’s a thread about getting multiplayer working that goes over it, IIRC), so if you know how to enter it there, you should be set.

thanks so much Im using lakka not the emulator. I’ll try this out. :grin:

Im still a bit confused. I am at the Dolphin.ini file but I am not sure what to change?

I don’t know either. I’ve never used Dolphin much, standalone or the libretro core. If I were in your shoes, I would probably download the standalone version, change the option, save it and then copy that Dolphin.ini file over to my RetroArch installation/Lakka machine.