Generic PC 3.5 not working anymore with Intel GPU

After updating my LAKKA PC to version 3.5 I’m unable to use it. I’ve done a “clean install” without any different result. With a Live Lakka with SSH I was able to get the precise error while starting Retroarch:

MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965: /usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: i965
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load swrast driver

This is the hardware I’m using: https://www.ecs.com.tw/es/Product/Motherboard/BSWI-D2-J3060/overview I’ll keep using my Lakka 3.4 version. I don’t have a reason to upgrade, since the hardware can’t give anymore than 3.4 have.

LibreELEC doesn’t provide a lot of information about this, and finding the missing files seems that isn’t an option, so I’ve posted here!

Best regards!

Please, try adding export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus to /storage/.config/autorun.sh (if the file does not exist, create it).

Or maybe better solution is to add MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus to /storage/.cache/services/retroarch.conf, as this is used by the systemd unit for RetroArch service.

2 Likes

I’ve created the “retroarch.conf” with the override command, and worked nicely. Thank you!

I need to put my files in another drive. Wiped everything in vain. -.-

Could you please elaborate how to do this exactly? I’m also stuck on something similar.

System Specs :- CPU : Intel i3-3240 Graphics : integrated Intel graphics 2500 Ram : 2GB Storage : 500 GB HDD

You will need to use the command line interface then enter something like

nano /storage/.cache/services/retroarch.conf

2 Likes

I can confirm that this worked on my Z3735F BayTrail (32bit UEFI) mini pc generic stick! (used Lakka-Generic.x86_64-3.5.img).

I had to press e and put textmode and ssh on the last line of installer option.

Then systemctl stop retroarch

Then nano /storage/.cache/services/retroarch.conf and add MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus, save.

Then systemctl start retroarch (worked with bad graphics)

Rebooted.

You can acomplish the task using WinSCP or FileZilla. You can connect over hostname or ip, and see a beautiful interface, create a file, write on it and save it. Don’t forget to turn the option to see hidden files and folders.

Hi, Got it to work on the live USB, But I face the same issue after I install it. Any pointers on how I could fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Same as @matcarfer mentioned in his note.

1 Like

Thank you @vudiq and @matcarfer!! After 3.5 update on my MacMini, I couldn’t get past the boot logo but could still connect via network. Used PuTTY to add what you recommended and now it works again!