"Glow Shader" for Vectrex?

Right now I’m using the Vectrex core with the FXAA Shader and “Resolution Multiplier” set to 3. It looks… okay I guess. But it is missing that vector glow.

Is there any solution to this without loosing the FXAA smoothing?

You’re in luck. I just made one that works well for this (glsl and slang formats):

Go into ‘blurs’ and load ‘kawase-glow’, then add another pass of FXAA with linear filtering and “don’t care” scale.

The pic kinda sucks, I know, but hopefully you get the idea.

Wow! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!!

Hm… something seems to be wrong. I can not load the “kawase-glow” shader. But “kawase_blur_5pass” and “kawase_blur_9pass” work just fine.

retroarch-log.txt

Do I need to be on RA 1.7.4 for this?

whoops, I totally forgot to port that pass from slang to glsl. I just did it, though, so it should make it to the online updater soon (few hours, at most, I think).

[INFO] Shader log: 0(87) : error C1008: undefined variable "Reference"

It’s in screen_combine.glsl. I believe it should be OrigTexture or PassPrev something Texture, isn’t it?

ugh, yeah, lemme fix that, too… I didn’t have a chance to test it on GLSL, only slang, hence these issues.

Don’t worry, I really appreciate what you do :relaxed:

Alright, just pushed up some fixes and went ahead and created a preset in the ‘presets’ directory called ‘vector-glow’

It looks great, thanks :slight_smile:

Found the shader but the glow effect is bad. It’s not uniformed, some parts glow and some parts are dark.

Is there some kind of bloom shader? Or HDRR?

For slang, there’s a port of reshade’s bloom shader (I haven’t ported it to GLSL yet, as I’m not sure if it looks/works like it’s supposed to), or you can also load up crtglow_gauss and replace the 2 gaussian passes (passes 2 and 3, IIRC) with stock passes:

Thanks, @hunterk :slight_smile:. Here is the preset for those who need it (crt/glow.glslp):

shaders = 5

shader0 = shaders/glow/linearize.glsl
filter_linear0 = false
srgb_framebuffer0 = true

shader1 = shaders/glow/threshold.glsl
filter_linear1 = false
srgb_framebuffer1 = true

shader2 = shaders/glow/blur_horiz.glsl
mipmap_input2 = true
filter_linear2 = true
scale_type2 = source
scale2 = 0.25