Help for pc crt monitor

Soon I will buy a pc crt monitor. Will I need a shader to add the raimbow effect for Mega Drive? Will I need to enable run ahead? Will I need anything?

if you want the rainbow effect, yes, you will need to add it. You can use runahead if you want, but it’s not necessary (under any conditions). You will need a VGA output, but other than that, no.

1 Like

Thank you very much, but please I want the name of the rainbow add shader and the name of the VGA output shader

There’s no shader for VGA output. I mean your GPU will need a VGA output to connect to the monitor.

The rainbow effect comes from NTSC signal simulation. There are a few different shaders and they all make slightly different rainbow patterns, but if you want one that specifically looks like Genesis/Mega Drive rainbows, this one is a good one: https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders/blob/master/ntsc/ntsc-md-rainbows.slangp

To be clear, it comes with RetroArch so you don’t need to try to download that one or anything. I just linked it to show where it is inside the ‘shaders_slang’ directory.

2 Likes

You are the best I have a vga output because my pc is old, but most of the shaders work at maximum speed, such as Royal and guest

1 Like

The more resolution you put on the monitor, the better the shaders will look. But…

You have “CRT SwitchRes”. :eyes:

2 Likes