Help retroarch in emuelec 4.6

I use a TVbox with s905x3 4GB Ram + Emuelec 4.6 on a 32" LED TV but the image of SNES, Mega Drive, NES, Mastersystem, N64, Arcade games is not good, which shader do you recommend to simulate the most realistic CRT TV? good color, brightness and contrast

Does using a shader heat up the processor too much and shorten the life of the box?

There was a lot of variation among real CRTs, so pinning down accuracy is difficult to do. Your best bet is to just try a few and see which one looks most “right” to you.

They definitely use additional power and can lead to excess heat, but whether that’s enough to shorten the life of your device depends on the device and its ability to dissipate heat.

2 Likes

Can you recommend me a good crt shader that doesn’t consume so much resources without heating up my TVbox T95 max plus? for use on Snes, megadrive, nes, master system, n64 and mame arcade

crt-consumer and zfast-crt are good options.

With a Mali-G31 MP2 at 21 gflops you could run crt-pi, zfast-crt at best. Perhaps fake-crt-geom-potato. Retropie on raspberry pi 2w has some zfast variations with curvature that look very good at 1080p and that has 21 gflops too (not exist on default retroarch).

1 Like

I use a 32" LG LED HD TV and I don’t have a deep understanding of shaders. I would like a good shader to use on all these platforms without heating up the TVbox T95 Max Plus, in the future I will buy a bigger full HD TV

So that is a 768p TV? Probably zfast would look OK on that.

my tv is HD, zfast is a good shader? Doesn’t it heat up the CPU too much? how to activate it and save it to always start when I play snes, megadrive, nes, mastersystem, n64, mame

Does emuelec 4.6 contain this zfast shader?

It should be there. Just go to shaders-load then zfast-crt.glslp. Then save-save global preset. I don’t think it would heat up GPU (not cpu). That gpu isn’t that big to draw a lot of Watts, probably not heat up at all. That’s a small soc with powersave in mind. Not a lot of watt=not a lot of heat.

Is this configuration within Emuelec or Retroarch?

zfast is best option for my not much consume processor and ram?

One of the best. There’s also crt-gdv-mini and crt-nobody. See which of those suits you more.

I’m looking for a good shader for CRT without heating up the TV box too much

With these shaders, the image loses brightness and darkness