Help with Hatari core

Seems this is the only core that can load Atari ST roms, however there are practically no core options at all so i don’t know how to configure things.

One issue is that it doesn’t auto-load all games. Some do autoload but most of them just throw you to the operating system and you have to double click the executable to run the game.

Another issue is that some games seem to have no controls. I have never managed to get past the “select your character” screen in Alien Syndrome, for instance. There is no input from the gamepad or the keyboard when i look that screen. Same with other games like Altered Beast.

Is there anyone who can help with this core?

I’m trying to fix this issue but i can’t find anything online. Basically, Hatari doesn’t recognize any of my controllers:

Standalone Hatari doesn’t have this issue, it sees my 360 controllers fine. I’m using the same TOS image for both but the Core version insists not seeing my controllers. Any way to fix this?

Btw, i can’t use the keyboard option either. When i press “Define Keys” nothing happens. On standalone it opens a bind keys wizard.

Is the core version broken?

I’ve never used it myself but I know people do successfully. Have you gone to the quick menu > controls and made sure your device type is set to something sensible?

Yes, there aren’t any options to choose anyway, just the retropad. Either that or “none”.

Note that this issue doesn’t affect all games. Many do respond to inputs despite not detecting the controller. But other games like Alien Syndrome and Altered Beast act like there is no device attached at all.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue (W10, RetroArch, DS4 controller).

I can control the cursor in Hatari with my controller but this does not translate into controlling the game.

As per the screenshot in the OP I do not have the option to select my controller as I do in the stand-alone Hatari.