Help with overlays

I have been playing with Lakka for a while now and loving it.

I got to the point where I wanted to work on overlays a bit. I have been touching on each part of the system I can think of in small bits here and there to get a feel for tweaking, and now that I have gotten to overlays, I am either lost or just being a complete noob and missing something obvious.

I can get overlays to come up in Lakka, but no matter what I have tried - video settings(pretty much all of them) and editing per game config files - the overlay behaves as if it is part of the game window. For example, I can not adjust the game screen independent of the overlay itself. The overlay always appears as part of the game screen.

If it matters, I am currently using the Lakka 2.1 image available from lakka.tv download.

I would be willing to try a newer image but haven’t gotten to that point of tinkering yet. I have a triple boot setup with Lakka, LibreELEC, and Ubuntu, so I am not even quite sure the proper procedure to update my install.

It turned out to be noobness. in my defense, the things I did to make it work, I did try previously, so who knows.

2 Likes