How can i create a new topic? :/

i think you have to post 5 times

Is it possible to boot from USB on the pi 3?

1 Like

Is this applicable to lakka?

Yes, those instructions are related to Raspberry Pi hardware not the OS.

I canā€™t post either, lol, just here

It would be great if the ā€œGreetings!ā€ message that gets automatically sent to new users by ā€œdiscobotā€ and/or the FAQ page could include some basic information like this about how to use the forum. Like others here, I couldnā€™t figure it out and had to use a Google search to eventually find this thread. I also noted that the Greetings message said that there were humans here to help, so I was going to try messaging an admin to ask how to post, but could not find any way to do that either. It really does leave new users feeling lost and confused, with nowhere to turn. Iā€™m sure a lot of people would give up before going to the amount of effort I just did to figure out what was going on.

As for it popping up after 10 minutes of ā€œsearching for your problem and reading search resultsā€, that seems reasonable, but in my case, like Iā€™m sure many people, I spent far more than 10 minutes searching for my problem and reading search results, but I was doing so anonymously, i.e. before creating an account. After not being able to find any solutions, I created an account, only to find there was no way to post a question, and nothing I could find explaining why.

In fairness, this really is some very unintuitive and difficult to use forum software. Iā€™ve had a long career in IT/networking/software development, so this isnā€™t my first rodeo, itā€™s not that Iā€™m a noob who doesnā€™t know how to use an online forum. :slight_smile: I donā€™t mean to sound ungrateful, itā€™s not that at all; as you said, this is provided free by volunteers and I certainly appreciate that. Thank you for all that you do! That doesnā€™t mean it wouldnā€™t be a good idea to use something more user-friendly for a support forum though.

4 Likes

Hi allā€¦ I am new and I canā€™t to create a new topic either. But maybe I can be helped here, or I hope so.

I am using RetroArch 1.3.6 and some consoles are moving very fast, like Atari Jaguar or Atari Lynx. The games go very fast and they are not playable at all. Other consoles like Atari 2600 and 7800 are just fine. What could be the problem here? It is very strange and I canā€™t find the way to fix it thru the core options or so.

Thanks a lot! Martin

Sounds like your vsync isnā€™t working right. Make sure itā€™s ON in settings > video. If that doesnā€™t help, make sure your donā€™t have a conflicting setting in your video cardā€™s control panel. You can also go to settings > frame throttle and set the maximum run speed to 1x, though that will prevent you from using fast-forward, if thatā€™s something you want to do.

It is correctly set, and even the other consoles are OK. I have Atari 2600, 7800, Lynx and Jaguar (all running under RetroArch, of course), and the last 2 are showing the problem only. I tried with version 1.3.6 (the one for the RA module on RocketLauncher) and it is the sameā€¦ Atari 2600 and 7800 are OK, but Lynx and Jaguar are not.

Thanks, Martin

i canā€™t run n64 games anymore, the sound plays but nothing else, and if I try to go back to the menu nothing happens and its just a black screen.

You could try deleting your core options file (or open it in a text editor and delete the options related to whichever N64 core youā€™re using).

If you have video set to vulkan you need to change it to opengl for mupen to work.

1 Like

Where do I find the option to change it? Is it in RetroArch or is it somewhere else? Iā€™m sort of new to using it sorry.

settings > driver > video driver. Youā€™ll have to close out of RetroArch and then re-open it for it to take effect.

This just seems like a bad system to me I made an account specifically so I could get help with reicast and how to get roms working but now I have to wait to create a post about my question yay.

I had a question that I wanted to make since the search didnā€™t help.

if cannot create new topic, then probably find something similar to the issue you are having and then post.

Thatā€™s a shame about this being the only solution

1 Like

I canā€™t make a new topic until I have a certain number of posts but I only came here to ask a question that hasnā€™t been addressed properly on any other forum and I Canā€™t find one that addresses and fixes the problem on this forum either.