How can i create a new topic? :/

so again, what am i at now 3/5 ok, super.

I am new to retroarch, installed it on windows 10. v 1.7 and no controls are working only arrows

and upon enter, i cannot go back.

x, z not working

please advice

did you try enter/backspace? X/Z are the old defaults (changed a year or more ago, IIRC) but you can get back to it via settings > input > unified menu controls.

EDIT: also, I think the new thread trust level is based on browsing the forum for like 5 or 10 min. I thought I added that to the registration email, but I havenā€™t actually confirmed that itā€™s thereā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, this is my first post. I have question but I canā€™t open new topic so I ask here. I have installed retroarch 1.7.0 on my ps3, I add some roms (old romsā€¦) in my usb hdd and I connect it to my ps3. Retroarch scan USB folders and it added the roms into n.2 icons at the right end of menu, mame2000 and snes. When I try to launch a rom retroarch ask me which emulator use (sometimes are n.2 emulators, sometimes are more then 2, ecc.). If I choose a wrong emulator I block my ps3 and I need to restart the console to unfreezed it. Does exist a workaround to be sure to select always the correct emulator?

Hi, I guess this is the place to make questions when you canā€™t make topics yet? Iā€™m having issues with my PS4 controller on a Note 8, the delay is about ~2 seconds which is unusable, is there anything I can do to fix this? If not, will buying a dedicated Android controller fix anything?

Itā€™s funny to see how my ā€œHow can i create a topicā€ topic evolved lol.

1 Like

Wondering about this as well. Thanks.

i canā€™t create a topic too, but in retroarch > windowsā€¦ Iā€™m having a bad experience using mame_libreto coreā€¦

I would like to create a new topic asking for help trying to get retroarchā€™s xmb working on raspbian.

Do I need to have x11 installed?

XMB doesnā€™t require X11 but it does need GL.

1 Like

I have libgl1-mesa-dri installed, but I still get the following error when running retroarch (compiled from libretro-super):

[INFO] [VIDEO]: Graphics driver did not initialize an input driver. Attempting to pick a suitable driver. [ERROR] Currently active window is not an X11 window. Cannot use this driver. [ERROR] [VIDEO]: Cannot initialize input driver. Exiting ā€¦ [ERROR] Fatal error received in: ā€œvideo_driver_init_input()ā€ [ERROR] This core requires a content file, could not load content.

And when running retroarch installed via apt, I just get ā€œillegal operationā€

I recompiled retroarch from libretro-super with the following configure parameters:

./configure --enable-neon --enable-floathard --enable-opengles --enable-dispmanx --disable-ffmpeg --disable-x11

and now I get ā€œillegal operationā€ for my compiled version too.

Are you running from a console (i.e., via KMS) or a desktop environment?

2 Likes

just console on a raspberry pi zero running raspbian

2 Likes

Is this still a thing?

2 Likes

Yep, we havenā€™t changed anything:

3 Likes

I need to make a post

1 Like

Ok, good to know! Was driving myself crazy trying to figure this out =P

cool, guess iā€™ll have to start posting then i need some serious help

Hunterk I need your help with but I canā€™t create a topic