How can i create a new topic? :/

So you can’t give me steps on how to do this now, because you don’t know of an older version of the beetle HW core that supported 32x for download? I also think there should be a 24x option. There should just be a warning of needing an 8gb vram card for the 24x and 32x option.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/tag/parallel-n64/

You guys were really pushing to the absolute limit in July 2017 when this article was post… Even saying you could get a 19x 12k resolution in Dolphin and maintain 60fps no problem… I notice you guys had an 8x internal res as a setting in dolphin before and now it’s just 6? Why are we going backwards lol

Twinaphex had just gotten a Titan GPU and was basing those settings on what he could push with it, not realizing that it would put many users into a difficult spot if they tried the same based on his experience. It was creating a support burden, so we removed the options, which produce diminishing returns at very high scale factors, anyway.

The steps are: set up an MSYS2 toolchain/environment (assuming windows), fetch the source from github, checkout the desired revision, compile.

I won’t be able to figure out what to do, so i will drop it. For Snes9x, what is the latest core? I see a 2002,2005,2010 version and just one that says Snes9x… I am reading there was a 2016 version, so it that the core that just says Snes9x? Do you know which version has the highest internal gpu scaling?

Snes9x and other software-rendered cores don’t have any concept of internal resolution. They will always be scaled up to fit your screen using bilinear or nearest neighbor or whatever shader you decide to use (e.g., scalefx and xbrz if you like smooth interpolation instead of sharp pixels).

As a rule of thumb, cores with years after their names are old snapshots that you should typically only use if the one without a year is too slow on your device.

I cannot use 16x gpu internal wth xbr texture filtering, without beetle slowing down. So i guess trying to get 32x is pointless, if i cannot even max 16x

The PPSSPP core is not showing up in the online updater?? What do I need to do to download it?

If it’s not showing up in the online updater, it usually means it’s not available for your platform.

I had this same question and spent a good chunk of time trying to figure it out. With so many settings in the menu already, why be default would extra settings, especially one this necessary, be hidden?

I too don’t see a way to make a new post?

I’m in the same boat but think I need to post replies a few times first to be allowed?

Thanks for your post since I’m also looking for how I can create new posts and Google leads me here. Though I’m still not very sure how by the answers below.

I don’t know much about this either. That’s a good answer.

Sam here I cant make a post. I dont see any button eather. How much time do I have to wait or what do I have to do to be able to see the button to create a poat

https://forums.libretro.com/faq#Rules

• Entering 10 different topics
  • Reading 50 posts
  • Spent 60 minutes on the forum
  • Visit the site in more than 5 different days
  • Receive at least one like
  • Give at least 5 likes
  • Reply to 3 topics
5 Likes

Thank you for the info

4 Likes

totally :frowning:

if i could have found the solution to my problem through a general google search or youtube hunt, then i wouldn’t be here.

it feels awkward necroing old threads with a comment or hunting out slightly relevent topics just to make a comment and hopefully get “noticed”.

what tcmbackwards said above is good advice.

you need to make it quite ‘abundantly’ clear to new forum users what the rules are.

i was getting some pm forum bot sending me cringe inducing private messages telling me how to make bloody emojis as part of the forum ‘tutorial’!!! (i’m 45 years old, for goodness sake :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you implying, that you are too old to read the FAQ?
(I am around your age and i hadn’t this problem :wink: )
Even in the first discobot PM you will find the link to the FAQ.
Or haven’t you found the search function on the top-right corner of this site? :
Entering: "can’t create new topic" , "how can i create a new topic" or even "new topic" gives you this topic as first search result in which a few posts above i linked to the FAQ.

These conditions allow us to remain spam-free, sorry for the inconvenience.

IMHO this is justified as you obviously haven’t “…entered 10 different topics, read 50 posts, spend 60 minutes on this site…”, which means you haven’t even looked if your question is already answered.

[If you create a new topic, the answer can take hours or even days sometime, so 60 minutes is not really that much and reading other topics maybe leads you to interesting things you aren’t aware until then]

If you don’t find your specific problem on this site, at least you have fulfilled the requirements for posting a new topic.
An then maybe someone of us can help.

2 Likes

fair enough.

it was late at night and i am slightly dyslexic, but i must tell you that i have never came across a more cryptic forum before.

it is quite clear that there was an issue regarding the difficulty with using this forum (specifically working out how to make a first topic).

anyway, i am just one of a fair few users suffering the same problem, so it obviously is not an isolated issue is it?

i guess it is clear to you as you know, so everyone else should instinctively know too?

anyway, it’s all good now, so hopefully now we can all just get forget about it and talk about fun, recreational things such as playing old c64 games etc. :wink:

2 Likes

Remember, everyone of us once was a new member :wink: And i’m not even a english speaker…
For this reason there is the Frequently Asked Question section, to answer frequently asked questions

FYI the board is powered by the discourse software which is fairly popular today.

To avoid SPAM there are other possibilities, but not everything can be applied here and i think it is not so annoying as some of the new users want to make us belive. :slight_smile:

If you only want to point out an issue, than github is the better place.
To ask only a single question, then maybe twitter, reddit or some other platform might suit you better.
If you want to discover new tricks, discuss with people, help others with your knowledge and let you help if you have a problem, then this board is for you.

That you answered on my post shows me, that the latter is the case :+1:
I hope you will have a great time here and that your problem will be solved.

Unfortunately i am not experienced in C64 emulation, so i can’t help you on this subject [playing on real C64]

I’m trying to start a topic, and found this info in a search. Thanks