How can i create a new topic? :/

you can just ask your question here and I’ll split it off into its own topic if needed.

yes. please let me post new topics too :frowning:

Hi

I am having trouble using the cheat code facility in PS1. I am trying to play Rainbow Islands (bundled with Bubble Bobble) and I cannot get a cheat code to work - apart from Bubble Bobble which is not what I need. I tried using the Cheat finder thing to alter values and I do not understand what I am doing? I have used YT videos and looked on here and cannot find anything - can anyone help?

First time poster so hope this is ok?

(totally not posting to be able to create new topics)

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks.

2 Likes

I was having this problem too, now I know. Thing is, the site doesn’t make this clear AT ALL. I was about to ditch the idea of attempting to post on here until I stumbled on the solution.

1 Like

I’m having this same problem. I now see that I can’t make new topics, would be nice if that was made more clear to save every single new user from hunting around trying to figure that out… Probably right after they’ve spent hours trying to figure out the Retroarch FE… Anyway, just an observation.

1 Like

https://forums.libretro.com/faq

I found that. After about a half an hour, and eventually using Google. Like many many other people who are trying to use this forum… Why so complicated?

1 Like

Since I can’t make a new topic, I’ll ask my question here. Is there a software program that can convert say 20+ folders that are in iso/mp3 format to bin/cue format without having to go into each folder, convert the mp3’s to wave, make a new cue file containing those wave’s and the iso, and then mounting it to a virtual disk image to generate the bin and cue files? There has to be an easier way. Help a noob out! I want to just point to a directory containing a bunch of folders that are in iso/mp3 format and just mass convert them all into bin/cue so that retroarch can actually read the files! Genesis Plus GX won’t read iso/mp3 format so what is the best way to convert them to bin/cue quickly?

I don’t know of any way. That’s one of the risks of using lossy compression methods on ROMs: if something ends up being incompatible, there’s no way to go back.

Hm, I want to create a topic in Libretro / Core to ask a question regarding the Beetle PSX Core… but I need to post some other stuff first?

Honestly, I felt very stupid when googling “forums.libretro how to post” but saw no other option…

You can’t create new topics until you’ve reached “trust level 1”, the requirements of which are posted several times in this thread.

However, you can reply to existing topics, like this one, and if you use the forum’s search function, you will likely find a thread that’s at least somewhat related to your question. If not, the time spent searching and skimming topics will likely fulfill your trust level requirements.

So I have to post random sht to create a new topic. Nice.

Need some help here. I got stuttering with snes9x core on 2 windows 10 based PCs (5600x + RTX3080 / 3600x + 5700xt) but on my raspberry pi 4 there is no stuttering and smooth scrolling. (Donkey Kong Country / Super Mario World) Same setting (gl, vsync on, no sound sync)

thanks man had to google this find this one out

Sorry to ruin this thread, but I can not start a new discussion. How to do? I tried for an hour …

Why can’t I open a post?

How many answers should I give before asking? Practically as others say, you have to answer at random and then finally ask.

There are many ways you can reach trust level 1, but even before then you can find threads that relate to your question and post there without needing to make a new thread.

You could even ask your question here on the very slim chance that no one has ever had a related issue.

For years I have not found my questions on the forum I strongly doubt that I will find what I am looking for. Is there the answer? I have NEVER been able to see it, so I open a topic for better reading.