How do you combine sahders?

So I’ve been playing around with retroarch’s shaders and it really seems to me from the gui that these things can be combined. But every time I try to add passes things just get messed up, no shader, glitched shader, black screen ect. Is there a tutorial or something somewhere online that can at least get me started and headed in the right direction? In particular I’m trying to combine the shader hq3x with the shader I found here

Those are harder to mix than many others because they both require lookup textures. It’s much easier to load the game boy palette shader and then follow it up with something like xBR/Z to get the effect you’re looking for.

I busted my head off trying to find the right combination only to add saturation to the existing crt geom. Its really hard, wish it was easier. Now i’m looking to add a grain film effect. Image adjustment.cg doesnt work with crt-geom so I need a separate shader for film grain ^^

That was an interesting issue but I fixed it a few minutes ago. The updated version should make its way to the online updater soon. Once it’s there, you should be able to add image-adjustment as a first pass running at 1x and put crt-geom after it and tweak to your heart’s content.

Are you serious?? WOW Will test it today holy shit 4 Hours i’ve been at it if it works, you sir are a legend

nope, still doesn’t work after I tried to update it just cancels crt-geom completely :frowning:

Oh, you’re using Cg. I fixed it in slang. I can try to fix the others, as well.

It works now but the screen turns red compelely, that was the problem yesterday I couldnt fix and thats why I used a custom shader to change saturation in the first place. Any idea how to fix the red screen? EDIT: the slang file shows 0 parameters, even when loaded alone I’m doing something wrong?

Slang only works when you’re video driver is set to vulkan in settings > drivers

Ffs… now i touched the settings in drivers, tried vulcan and got a black screen. Returned to gdi, now when I try to run a game i get a black screen… new problem holy shit :confused:

No problem. Remember: you can always drop back to default settings by deleting your retroarch.cfg.

In this case, you might want to just edit your retroarch.cfg to change the video_driver field back to gdi (if that’s what you were using) and set video_shader_enable to false. That will clear out any active shaders.

EDIT: I just made the same changes to the Cg and GLSL versions of the image-adjustment shader, so whenever that filters down to the online updater, you should be all set.