How to take off the (USA/EUROPE) on game titles

Does anyone know how to remove these headings off of my game titles? Every title in my list shows for example

Abadox(USA) Addams Family(USA)

I want to get rid of the USA part. My file names are just the title of the game so thats what i thought would have went in there.

If your problem is seeing the regions on the game names at the playlists, you can manually edit them. http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Playlists/

The reason why the games at the playlist have them is because they derive the names from the no-intro naming scheme. Even if the game name doesnā€™t include it, the region is added on the playlist entry when thereā€™s a match with Lakkaā€™s database.

Sorry to be stupid, but is there a quick way to do this for all of them at once? Or do i have to rename every game i have?

This works on a Mac - not sure about windows, dont see why not - itā€™s a regular expression.

Open a playlist in a text editor, use the find and replace function, set the search as regex, search for:

(.*?) - (but put a forward slash before the first round bracket and after the question market (this forums text processing is removing them within this post))

and leave the replace box blank. Any text between round brackets is removed, along with the round brackets. i.e (U), (USA), (E) etc

Try Notepad++, thats a powerful text editor for windows. I use ancient but trusty Textedit on Mac.

Be careful non of your actual roms you are trying to load via the playlist contain brackets in the file name.

i use Notepad++ for windows to remove (unwanted info,de,fr,it,uk,nl,ru,and so on) simply open it, search for ā€œ(text)ā€ and replace with a single " "(space) there is an automated function to replace all matched text.

Try Rename Master. You can download it from http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/

This program can rename many files at once.

ā€¦or the free Bulk Rename Utility

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Thanks fallon! I opened the playlist file with the basic Notepad on windows and just used the replace function. I typed in the (USA) and all that other junk one at a time and replaced it with ā€œnothingā€ no spaces or anything and it replaced all the text with nothing! Worked great!

Only thing now isā€¦ all the boxart is not showing upā€¦

WinScp works! You can go edit the playlist and take that unwanted stuff away under the playlists folder. Artwork may not appear however.

Boxart has the (USA), etc for the titles. You would need to edit the boxart in the thumbnails folder. I use Winscp for that.

Itā€™d be nice to remove the (USA), (J) etc from the playlist game list with a playlist menu toggle option - show playlist with region data (on/off).

To enable this, the game database could hold a ā€˜clean rom nameā€™ without the region data, alongside the full rom name with the region data.

1 Like

I suggest to try KrojamSoft BatchRename

Hey, sorry if this is stupid question but Iā€™m completely new to all this. How do you open a playlist with a text editor?

Go download Notepad++ and then open the lpl playlist file with it.

Okay I guess Iā€™m noobier than that. Where do I find the lpl playlist file?

Look in your ā€˜playlistsā€™ directory.

And Iā€™m sorry, I didnā€™t notice this was a Lakka question. Lakka doesnā€™t have a built-in text editor, so the easiest thing is probably to take your Lakka installation media (SD card or whatever) and plug it up to a normal PC and edit the files there.

To fix the art work, create soft links to the original images under /storage/thumbnails/Named_$type.

E.G. Snes Game (USA) -> Snes Game

ln -s /storage/thumbnail/Nintendo - Super Entertainment System/Named_Boxart/Snes Game (USA).png /storage/thumbnail/Nintendo - Super Entertainment System/Named_Boxart/Snes Game.png

(Use the tab key to autofill the path and names with spaces, else youā€™ll have to escape each space with the )

Got it! Thanks a ton, Iā€™ve been trying to figure this out for so long. BTW, I donā€™t think you can edit the LPL files via SD card. Youā€™ve gotta do it using samba/SSH.