Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Well, will see… because it’s a problem. Can you just look with Show Resolution info ? I’ve 1194x896 with NEW shaders which is wrong. With old i’ve 1195x896 and it’s OK for 4/3 value.

Don’t understand because i’ve last version of NEW shaders.

I’m using MBZ_2_standard.slang.

Well another difference with old mega bezel. If you change the background image with NEW shaders (thanks to the guy from a previous post, just add a line in the slang file). By default, opacity is 50 with the old shaders. With NEW shaders, opacity is 100, too bright but in the shaders settings, there’s the option to correct the value :wink: Then, the default value is not the same between OLD & NEW.

So whenever you are getting a value like this which is just off by one pixel, it is really just a display issue for rounding the number of pixels, in use it is probably exactly the resolution you are expecting, so you can assume that if the number is just one off that it is actually correct

Yes this has changed, and it is 100% on purpose, so that if you made a background and just add the background in it will appear as you saw it rather than at half opacity.

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.03 2020-04-10

Changes:

• Added Aspect Ratio for the background image in the BASIC-BORDER

• Added Decal image to STANDARD and Decal and Top Image can be made to scale along with the frame

• The Playstation Example shows the scaling with the frame
  • Added a Normal blending amount for the gel image

• Added Battlezone as an example of use of the gel image, both STANDARD and BASIC-BORDER versions

• Performance of Base presets at 3840x2160 on Nvidia RTX2060:

• ADVANCED - 80 FPS
    • GLASS - 150 FPS
    • STANDARD - 135 FPS
    • BASIC-BORDER-WITH-REFLECTION - 175 FPS
    • BASIC-BORDER - 295 FPS
9 Likes

Nice! I can’t wait to get home and try that normal blending on the Vectrex. I guess I may have some preset updating to do.:wink:

3 Likes

I honestly hope it gets to the point where when I play “Stuntman”, I can get past the Car Chase Levels:

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: How do I get NeoGeo CD working in Retroarch

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.04 2020-04-11

Changes:

• Fixed Upside Down Intro Logo when the core is flipped, let me know if you see this again
  • MDAPT is OFF by default to avoid any unexpected smoothing.
    • It is ON in the Variations/Smoothed-ScaleFX presets
  • STANDARD preset:
    • Optional Vignette added for background
    • Decal and Top image can scale with frame if desired
    • Scale offset and Pos Y offset for Decal and Top Image
    • No Night lighting added for Decal or Top image when they are in additive mode
10 Likes

I just tried the new version and the intro logo is still flipped for the PCSX2 core.

1 Like

Are you using the vertical flip?

Can you post some images so I can see what you are seeing?

If I use Flip Viewport Vertical only, the game image is upside down ; if I use Flip Core Image Vertical only, the game image is upside down ; if I use both, the game image is normal, it is the same as disabling them both. And in any case, the Mega Bezel logo is upside down.

I have another question : are the presets “MBZ_1_Advanced.slangp” from the “Presets” folder, and “MBZ_1_Advanced_GUEST-DrVenom.slangp” from the “Base_CRT_Preset” folder identical ?

1 Like

I believe you may be off by one index my friend. Right now they are unaffected when in normal blending mode not add. :grin: (My bad, I should have caught that in the alpha.)

In a way yes if you look inside MBZ_1_Advanced.slangp you will see a #reference line which references MBZ_1_Advanced_GUEST-DrVenom.slangp. So you will get the same result from each of these.

Yeah I just looked, and it currently checks if it is in add mode then only applies the night lighting if it is, which is the opposite of what we need. I’ll put up a new version with a fix very soon.

2 Likes

So I just tried Duimon’s PS2 preset from the “Standard” folder and I had to enable “Flip Viewport Vertical” for the background picture and now the Mega Bezel logo is not flipped ! So I guess my problem is fixed ! :smiley:

1 Like

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.05 2020-04-12

Changes:

• Fixed Where nightlighting was not being applied properly
6 Likes

HyperspaceMadness I know it is the work of many people but I must thank them, yesterday I discovered the reflection and it is incredible, I do not know how to be grateful that it is another world to play like this, it is spectacular.

Keep up the good work, a spectacular job and a spectacular contribution to the world of retro :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:

Excuse my English, I’m going with a translator.

6 Likes

Hi @HyperspaceMadness.

Really like the new update.

Unfortunately I need some assistance on tweaking it. In my attempts I came across multiple options, and I am not quite sure which one is proper-one

Could you please have a look at this pic and give some hints?

I am using MBZ__2__STANDARD as a starting point

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Here are what I think you are looking for:

1. [ FRAME ]______ / Opacity
  2. [ BEZEL ]______ / Width
  3. [ REFLECTION ]______ / Global Amount
  4. [ BEZEL ]______ / Outer Corner Radius Scale
  5. [ BEZEL ]______ / Height
2 Likes

Many thanks for the info. Everything worked, apart from 5 point. After removing Frame (opacity - 0.00) I need to increase default screen size to occupy the original size (but without frame). Seems like this is controlled via [SCALING] - Non Integer Scale

Is it the correct item?

2 Likes

Hello All,

I’m new here and recently decided to give emulation another look. These shaders look very nice, so I decided to give them a go. Alas, the fun and games of figuring all of this out decided to kick in and I have an issue I hope someone can give me a steer on.

I followed the instructions, driver is set to Vulkan, aspect ratio is 16:9 for my 16:9, 1080p monitor. Downloaded the files and threw them into the slang shaders folders.

The issue is that I can only load the Basic Shader Preset and any of the other presets (with all of the fancy settings) give me a “Failed to Load Shader Preset” error.

I’m on PC, with a GTX 1070 in the rig. Any idea why I’m getting the failed to load error and what I can do about it?

2 Likes

Yeah if you want the screen to actually be bigger yes this is the one

1 Like