Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Yeah, that was a fun one which didn’t actually require that much work! The freeze is fun to test out crt shader adjustments :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll have to try that next then, I wasn’t sure exactly what that line did. I didn’t see anything happen when I modified it, but now I understand why!

2 Likes

I can confirm the same issue. Seems like a gamma issue as I can reduce the screen gamma to 1.45 and the background gamma to .45 to get a normal looking image. Glows in GDV are very blown with corrected settings and have to be turned off.

3 Likes

I’ll be updating the last pass color space and put that up to test soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dumb question: is there a way to make GBA display at “native res”, as in center screen with black borders? Using one of the standard CRT bezels

Probably dumb question ahead:

I love @HyperSpaceMadness work!

I use it via the wonderful @Duimon presets and I find the whole procedure very easy and maintenable.

The only thing I wonder is the usage/changes I can do to the underlying @guest.r (kudos to him too!!) shader and how, since its shader is part of the whole HSM package.

Guest posted a preset that I would like to check:

https://forums.libretro.com/t/new-crt-shader-from-guest-crt-guest-advanced-updates/25444/1869?u=wally

I am puzzled as to how could I input these into an existing HSM preset to check it out. Or even simpler, where could I e.g. change the mask to Apperture Grill

Thank you all for this outstading experience.

5 Likes

If these features depend on a newer version of Guest’s shader than is in the Mega Bezel, you will have to wait for an update.

If they don’t, just copy his settings and create a slangp, and add a reference to one of the mega bezel guest presets…

i.e.

#reference "shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets/Base_CRT_Presets/MBZ__1__ADV__GDV.slangp"

…as the first line of the slangp.

The mask parameters are near the bottom of the parameter dialog.

4 Likes

load a preset and turn on independent scale and curvature, change the non-integer scale %, turn off curvature (Or not?) and tweak the independent scale & curvature.

You will probably want to turn down the Global reflection amount. (Maybe tweak the falloff.)

There is also this but it is much more difficult.

If anyone is interested, I can spend some more time on it and add it to my repo.

2 Likes

This kind of thing should now be a lot easier, with the last release all you should have to do is set the black edge to go under the colored gel image.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll have to give that a try. I noticed the back edge width was still fairly limited.

Although I’m not sure I am using the current version of the shader.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve increased this as well, which will be in the next release :wink:

4 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

We just hit 100K views on this thread! Thank you all for your involvement in our project!

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.100 2022-01-29 Rev 1

Changes:

• Changed Color Format on last passes for better HDR behavior (Avoid Washed-Out Look)
  • Added Presets:
    • NDS DREZ Preset
    • PSP DREZ Preset
  • Fixed Logo Orientation with Rotate CRT
  • Update Guest to crt-guest-advanced-2022-01-14-release1

HERE ARE THE LINKS!

Shader Package Approx. 15 MB

Extra Examples Package

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• You MUST use Retroarch Version 1.9.8 or Later (It will fail to load on earlier versions)
    • Use at least 1.10.0 if you want to use HDR
    • If you have previous versions of the Mega Bezel installed:
      • Delete the old Mega Bezel stuff from shaders/shaders_slang/bezel
    • Inside the .zip is a bezel folder, copy the bezel folder into your Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang folder
      • The final path to the Mega bezel should be Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel
    • Set video driver to Vulcan
      • It will run in GLCore but seems faster in Vulcan
      • Some users have run it successfully in D3D11 but with a slow load time
    • Open the Settings Menu and Set:
      • Video / Scaling / Aspect Ratio to Full
        • This will match your monitor aspect aspect ratio
      • Video / Scaling / Integer Scale to OFF
      • Video / Output / Video Rotation to Normal
      • User Interface / Show Advanced Settings to ON
      • Core / Allow Rotation to OFFImportant for FB Neo
    • Load a preset in the shaders menu, Mega Bezel shader presets are found in:
      • shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets
    • When you save a preset make sure you have the Simple Presets feature set to ON
      • This will save a preset with a reference to the preset you loaded plus whatever parameter changes you made
      • This will keep your presets loading properly when the shader updates in the future

Logo presentation with CRT Rotation

PSP with High resolution core res 950x570

This is 2x internal resolution, for a 3d game on this platform it looks like a nice level of detail

PSP DREZ Preset derezed 480x272

It works but was a bit blurry, I used the sharpen parameter to sharpen it back up

13 Likes

Woohoo! you did it, works perfectly with HDR (glass)

So far so good :smiley: :+1:

Thank you!

4 Likes

Great news, thanks for your HDR magic @MajorPainTheCactus! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

@guest.r is keeping me on my toes! :rofl:

Mega Bezel is updated to V 0.9.101 2022-01-30 Rev 1

Changes:

HERE ARE THE LINKS!

Shader Package Approx. 15 MB

Extra Examples Package

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

• You MUST use Retroarch Version 1.9.8 or Later (It will fail to load on earlier versions)
    • Use at least 1.10.0 if you want to use HDR
    • If you have previous versions of the Mega Bezel installed:
      • Delete the old Mega Bezel stuff from shaders/shaders_slang/bezel
    • Inside the .zip is a bezel folder, copy the bezel folder into your Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang folder
      • The final path to the Mega bezel should be Retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel
    • Set video driver to Vulcan
      • It will run in GLCore but seems faster in Vulcan
      • Some users have run it successfully in D3D11 but with a slow load time
    • Open the Settings Menu and Set:
      • Video / Scaling / Aspect Ratio to Full
        • This will match your monitor aspect aspect ratio
      • Video / Scaling / Integer Scale to OFF
      • Video / Output / Video Rotation to Normal
      • User Interface / Show Advanced Settings to ON
      • Core / Allow Rotation to OFFImportant for FB Neo
    • Load a preset in the shaders menu, Mega Bezel shader presets are found in:
      • shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets
    • When you save a preset make sure you have the Simple Presets feature set to ON
      • This will save a preset with a reference to the preset you loaded plus whatever parameter changes you made
      • This will keep your presets loading properly when the shader updates in the future

16 Likes

Bro, how i can skip the intro Mega Bezel? Thx :slight_smile:

@NickZeta When you have a game open, click on the menu button and go to ‘Shaders->Shader Paramaters’ and find this option (it’s pretty far down). Just turn ‘When to show intro’ to OFF

5 Likes

Today I had a ‘wow’ moment. HDR + HSM is just too much for the inner 15 yr old in me. Thanks to all involved! Imagine a 65" TV with the best video quality possible as a kid – too much!

5 Likes

Thanks again for the amazing work - sorry for noob question but what is HDR and how can I activate it please :nerd_face:

3 Likes

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and refers to contrast (or the difference) between the brightest and darkest parts of an image.

To “activate” it, you must have a device that is HDR compatible.

2 Likes