Imgborder bound to game view

im attempting to get gce vectrex to display a shader border but the border image doesnt display outside of the game viewport.

I only get a small red bar top and bottom with the deault imgborder shader 1080p

any ideas why RA 1.4.1 stable on Nvidia Shield TV aspect = core provided

Still can’t figure out why the image doesn’t render as a border

Shaders can’t appear outside of the game area (it’s one of their shortcomings vs overlays), so you have to go into settings > video and change set integer scaling to OFF and aspect ratio to 16:9, then the shader will handle the scaling of the image and fill the rest with the image.

For borders, overlays are typically easier since they don’t have this restriction. They just need to be specified as fullscreen in their cfg.

That’s seems obvious now you explain it!

I will give it a shot.

The reason for using the shader is to combine its use with an overlay to allow for 2 png images to be onscreen for playing Vectrex. Although I expect this may not work how I hope it will

So you’re wanting to do something like have the shader handle the “room” and the overlay handle the Vectrex overlay? That should be doable, but you still might find it easier to do the whole thing as a single overlay (i.e., without involving the imgborder shader) and just use 100% opacity on the room part and 50% (or whatever) on the Vectrex overlay part. Then, if the user changes the overlay opacity in the menu, it’ll just make the room get darker and the Vectrex overlay will get more transparent.

Yeah it probably would work but I’m just trying to use what’s available before learning a new program like PS to sort it. Idk maybe it will end up the cleanest way.

Btw do you know how many games Vectrex core can run. I read a post saying it was 23?

We have 55 games on the buildbot. I haven’t personally tried each of them, but I would assume most (at least) work: https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/cores/Vectrex/

1 Like