Is it possible to install lakka on a android tv chinese?

I have one of these devices and I find that you can install linux. • ARM CORTEX A9, frequency is 800MHz+400MHz CPU, 1G RAM, built in 4G flash memory • 2 external USB interface, support portable HDD • HDMI video output, connect to HDTV for HD video playback • Support USB mouse and keyboard • Build in 802.11b/g/n WiFi module with antenna inside • RJ45 10/100M Ethernet interface • Built in browser and support virtual private network access • Support 1080P video local media playback from SD card or USB HDD • Support music player, picture slideshow and more family entertainment • Support Flash Player 10.2 hardware decoding, Flash 11.1 software decoding online video playing back http://www.htcmania.com/archive/index.php/t-567246.html

Looks like another Amlogic box. We support some. Try to know what exact CPU they use, and I will give you some links to test. For now we support S805, S802, S905.

Run the AIDA app. Kind regards.

CPU: ARM Cortex A9 Frequency: 800MHZ RAM: DDR3-1GB Storage: NAND 2GB-32G OS: Android 4.0

On the page of the manufacturer only find that information of the cpu

Please run Aida64 or CPU-Z on Android and report hardware information (CPU, GPU…).

Thank you.

1 Like

Armv7 processor rev 4 amlogic meson3 8726m skt sh

Your device looks identical to Wetek play that we support ,if you can recover from fail boots try to use that to see if it boots on you. Now without owning the device it self is very hard to add support as it needs intense testing and without having the device locally is nearly impossible. Regards

wetek play is meson8, not meson3

Ah sorry didn’t see 3 correctly , yes you are right.

thanks for answering!

http://d-h.st/bZ8 This is the image needed to install linux - kodi. There is nothing similar between images based on openelec?

I used to have this amlogic M3 chipset on a Kodi box, and even that became painfully slow. It is at least 2 generations behind the current supported Amlogic chipsets, and I doubt even if a port was made, it would run many emulators at a decent speed.

I think the same. Currently with android runs individual emulators. Myboy, Myoldboy, snes9x, n64oid and the latest free version of fpse run at full speed with frameskip in 5. Maybe it works with lakka, but I already discard mupen64.

@Kivutar, lakka is awesome! congratulations!

1 Like