Is possible to do Config Per Folder?

Hello Everyone.

For my genesis emulation my roms I’ve created 3 folder for each regions (EUR, JAP, NTSC). I would be interested to have specific config for each folder in order to launch genesis plus gx core with correct region, depending on wich folder the rom is located.

Is possible retroach apply a config depending on the folder?

Thanks

Yes. In the overrides menu, use ‘save content directory override’. It does exactly what you’re describing.

Hi hunterk thanks for your reply. I’m very interested by this function. I have difficulties to find clear documentation about this setting. Do I Have to put the config file in the roms folder? With wich name? Thanks for your help.

It’s just like any of the other overrides:

Set up your basic/standard options with no core/content loaded, then load up a core+content from the directory and, while it’s loaded, change any settings you want, then go to quick menu > overrides and ‘save content directory override’. Now, close out and from then on, whenever you load something from that directory, your settings changes will be applied.

If you need to change input settings, do the same process, but instead of overrides, you’ll save remap files from the quick menu > controls menu.

Thanks for your help. I’ve just tried this option and Retroarch create one config file per directory => Perfect. The problem is that the core option aren’t included in this files. For example the option for genesis plus gx core : region_detect = “auto/ntsc-j/ntsc-u/pal” is not saved … So it doesn’t work.