Is there a tutorial on how to run PUAE at all?

Yes, I’ve already mentioned that. I’ve downloaded the dll, and put it in the correct folder. MD5’s are also correct, as is the kickstarts

OK, lemme check later with these two games, probably I have their IPFs and post my results. I played both Double Dribble and Blades of Steel ipf images with PUAE in Retroarch for my blog.

OK, already tested both IPFs (from the MAME Software List) and they load fine. CAPSImg.dll and Kickstart images are located inside the SYSTEM folder which is located inside the RETROARCH folder (don’t mind the other files, they are required for other cores) The options of the core are the default ones. My PC has Windows 10 64 bits. Retroarch 1.8.5 Anotación 2020-05-09 175036

Hey this is probably very late for the party, but since I had the same problem and the my searches kept taking me here, so I decided to post the solution I found:

Hope it helps others that want to revisit the Amiga

Looks like there has been some changes to the core since i last wrote my message and now I too can’t even get hdf files to boot. Ahhh fun times. :thinking: Thank god i didn’t update on my other machine so they still work on there.

Hi

I am getting confused about the Amiga Emulator (my first PC so happy memories) but I am on Linux and a lot of the chats here seem to be about Win10? I have a set of Kickstarts for the Amiga but I am not sure where they should sit in relation to RetroArch? I have had .adf images working in FS-UAE launcher so do they just not work in Retro?

Kyle

It works the same on Linux, you need to put the Kickstarts in the system directory of RA. You can see how they need to be named and if they are recognized once you loaded the core, via - Information -> Core Information, assuming you’re using the standard frontend.

1 Like

Thank you, I shall try that shortly