Koko-aio shader discussions and updates

Hello Kokoko3k - just one thing I want to say : thank you very much. This update has taken your work to the next level. Now after a lot of wandering around the forum, I have found my goal. This is your “tv-slotmask-bloom” preset with slotmask number 2 and a slight lowering of the saturation value.

The images speak for themselves, and the performance is even better than before. I am now a regular customer of yours, fantastic job.

3 Likes

Great!

Just one thing, the slotmasks preset parameter only works when enabling scanlines, since is intended to reduce moiree when drawing scanlines gap. From what i see from the screen you posted, and by the fact you’re using Tv* presets, the scanlines are not active.

It is not a problem since those screens look great, but just for reference, if you want to modify the mask when not using scanlines, you just have to tweak the parameters in RGB Masks and/or Darklines group:

2 Likes

You are right, sorry for my ignorance. In the end at the same preset I brought the saturation to 1.00 and the gamma out to 55. It’s even better than before like this, and I don’t want to touch your settings (apart from these filings) because it’s perfect for my taste. Great job, they should make you a gold statue.

Same changes with your “tv-aperture grille-bloom”. Lots of stuff. Perfect. I was getting excited as a teenager. If I can use your work with the WindowCaster, I’m happy.

1 Like

Damn, the reflections in the tv presets are a bit shifted.

I’ve pushed a quick fix on github for that, just a matter of editing tv-base preset with:

BEZEL_RFL_BLR_SHD = "0.000000"
	BEZEL_RFL_OFFSET = "0.002000"
	BEZEL_REFL_ZOOM = "0.993000"
1 Like

I swear I didn’t even notice it taken from the graphics and gameplay. What speed, you even surpassed Flash. You are great, thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi,h ow can I manually adjust the screen size of a game, e.g. to stretch the top part of the screen, to hide the black stripe?

I’m afraid i did not understand, but I’ll try to answer.

If you want to zoom the came content when the bezel is enabled, use:

If this is not the answer you were looking for, please post a screenshot to let us understand

1 Like

what I want is not to zoom in, but to be able to stretch the game screen to cover those black stripes.

these are the options I use in duimon mega bezels, they are the ones I was looking for here :slight_smile:

Gotcha, this is not implemented :slight_smile: , but maybe it is something i’ve on my todo list (actually, change content aspect only)

A couple of questions:

• What is that game, so that i can try myself why, in the first place, you have those bars?
  • What happens if you use those options in Mega Bezel, does the image stretch and changes aspect or the bezel itself will shrink?
2 Likes

It depends on parameter settings, but usually the image is just stretched, and the aspect and screen size does not change.

The screen size does change when the integer scaling parameter is on.

1 Like

Rival Turf (Snes) ,but many more Snes games,Final Fight,Street Fighters 2 and more,some only with black stripe at the top,or only at the bottom,that’s why the option to adjust manually.

Ok, so I think i could add two more options, something like:

[Content geometry overrides]
Aspect
y-shift

So that you can change the game “internal” Aspect independently from the bezel and stretch or compress alongside the y axis, and once you have stretched the content, you can further center it vertically with y-shift

2 Likes

Cool :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @kokoko3k how are you doing? It’s been awhile since I used your shader, but it seems that one of the recent updates caused some weird jagged edges and unwanted color along the inner bezel frame:

Screenshot_3

Yeah, i know that; it is the ambient light bleeding over the tube when the option to colorize the bezel is enabled and it is visible in your presets because you push ambient light very hard.

What version is it?

It has been corrected for sure in the git build since a while; i can’t remember if the version shipped with retroarch was affected. (edit:it is)

If you don’t want to use the dev build with the fix, you can safely turn off the option in ambient light named “colorize bezel” and have the previous behaviour.

this commit is safe to use and provides the fix

zip here

2 Likes

@jt.cs @DreamOnNeon

Whoah, it was harder than expected

…so please, anybody interested, test the dev build to check everything still works properly!

@Starman99x: Glitches were not totally absent even with the fix, so i temporally disabled that colorizing feature.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Koko, for taking the time to work on adding this feature. I was totally unaware you had even decided to take this on so I can’t express enough how thankful I am to be surprised with this

So using the original video from before, which was a 540p 16:9 video that was letterboxed (god i hope I’m using the correct terminology here) I loaded up your shaders.

This is the image before I made any aspect ratio adjustment

And here it is after I have made the adjustment

I would say that works pretty darn well and will be great for watching any of the retro content I come across if it should be uploaded in 16:9. Thank you again so much for the added feature and for the hard work you put into it.

5 Likes