Lakka 3.0 Overclocking

Hi, I’m trying to overclock my Pi4B 4GB with Lakka. I have made changes to the config.txt file but I cannot check if they are implemented as vcgencmd cannot be found. I have checked usr/bin and it is in that folder but the command line does not detect it.

Can anyone help?

Could you paste the error message that appears when you try to run it?

If I run vcgencmd get_config arm_freq I get this error message -sh: vcgencmd: not found

Could you please paste the output of:

file /usr/bin/file
file /usr/bin/vcgencmd
ldd /usr/bin/vcgencmd

I get the same file not found error message for the first two and “$ not a dynamic executable” for ldd /usr/bin/vcgencmd.

Thanks

Apologies, the “file” command is probably not available in Lakka, that’s why it failed. It would have shown you whether the executables are 32 or 64 bit. That would have helped to determine if the error is related to this one:

executable - Getting “Not found” message when running a 32-bit binary on a 64-bit system - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

It might be possible that the vcgencmd you have is 32-bit and your Lakka installation is 64 bit. In that case, I’d try to obtain a 64-bit version of these tools, if available, and then copy them to your SD card’s storage partition and run them to test if that works.

But after a bit of googling, it seems that vcgencmd is part of the official Raspberry Pi firmware package, which seems to be only available in 32 bit. In that case, my suggestion would be to test the 32-bit version of Lakka for the RPI4: Lakka - Nightly

Thanks for the info. I don’t actually need vcgencmd per se, I just need to test my overclocking settings. I’ll probably wait until a 64bit version arrives rather than going back to 32bit.