Lakka Bluetooth Support on Tinker Board

Does Lakka support bluetooth on the Asus Tinker board?

This is what I get from a “systemctl status bluetooth”.

Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2018-11-30 12:59:55 UTC; 21min ago
Main PID: 369 (bluetoothd)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
       mq369 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Bluetooth daemon 5.43
Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Starting SDP server
Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: kernel lacks bnep-protocol support
Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: System does not support network plugin
Nov 30 12:59:55 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Bluetooth management interface 1.10 initialized
Nov 30 12:59:56 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
Nov 30 12:59:56 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b)
Nov 30 13:04:28 Lakka bluetoothd[369]: Failed to set mode: Blocked through rfkill (0x12)

My guess is that the “vendor preset: disabled” means the hardware is not supported.

I’ve tried the following:

rfkill unblock bluetooth
touch /storage/.cache/services/bluez.conf
systemctl enable bluetooth
systemctl start bluetooth

The bluetooth service is enabled in the GUI.

Any insight would be helpful!

To answer your first question, I have successfully run bluethooth on the Tinker Board, although I found it not ideal, but it did work without reporting errors you are seeing.

I was able to connect my wireless headphones once, temporarily, but there seemed to be a problem reconnecting thereafter. I have not tried any other devices.

I haven’t restarted my device since log rotation, so my logs for “systemctl status bluetooth” won’t show anything, but the status output looks similar to yours. I should be able to restart tonight or in a couple of days and post logs at that time.

Interesting. Thanks for the response!

For tracking, I’m using the nightly build from 23 Nov 2018.

I’m having this issue with 2.2 The previous build had no issues with bluetooth, but now I can’t get past power on. Found the same workaround with rfkill unblock bluetooth, but no dice. I occasionally get to scanning, but doesn’t return any entries.

Any new solutions or ideas?

I “sorta” solved this using a usb bluetooth dongle and making it the default bluetooth controller. I’m on latest stable with 8bitdo controllers over bluetooth now.

ok, I have a bluetooth dongle, but having problems finding how to make it the default bluetooth controller. any guidance or documentation you can point me to would be much appreciated. Hoping the next build resolves this.

Thanks!

@nevisx you should follow the official Lakka documentation: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller/

You’ll just have to add:

select yourDongleMacAddress

before the line that says:

agent on

That way, your dongle will be the default controller, from that you’ll be fine following the official documentation.

ps: Make sure that your dongle isn’t blocked by rfkill, if it is you unblock it by:

rfkill unblock all

I’ve installed Lakka 2.2 on Tinkerboard S. I am unable to pair my Dualshock4 controller using Bluetooth. I see the same error seen by the OP.

Lakka:~ # lsb_release -a
Lakka (official): 2.2

Lakka:~ # systemctl status bluetooth
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2013-01-18 08:50:29 UTC; 6 years 0 months ago
 Main PID: 363 (bluetoothd)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─363 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: Bluetooth daemon 5.43
Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: Starting SDP server
Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: kernel lacks bnep-protocol support
Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: System does not support network plugin
Jan 18 08:50:29 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: Bluetooth management interface 1.10 initialized
Jan 18 08:50:30 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
Jan 18 08:50:30 Lakka bluetoothd[363]: Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b)

I don’t have any Bluetooth dongle that I can use right now. But, I’ll try one and update what I find.