Lakka-compatible x86 hardware list (current so far)

Can someone check on compatibility on they intel NUC with the N3700 processor for me?

i have tried the Intel NUC NUC5PPYH for a while.

Running fine with Lakka 2.0 (older lakka Builds had a freeze issue on my system)

But the CPU seems to slow for SS, PS1, N64 and newer Mame Cores (if video threaded disabled many games will stuttering or have crackling sound)

think the problem is especially the poor Single Core performance : http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-N3700-vs-Intel-Pentium-G4500/m33474vs3538

Now i use a ASROCK DeskMini 110 with Pentium G4500 (Skylake 2x3.5 Ghz) and it runs just great on all testet cores so far :slight_smile:

Thanks Shakka. I was going to sink some cash into it, but decided against it for some reason. Now Iā€™m glad I did. I think Iā€™ll sink some cash into one of those eBay builds from the video, get one with no HDD or OS, and save some coin on an older i3 or i5 desktop with an HDMI out.

Work, until N64 games:

Samsung 10.1" Netbook NP-N150-JP04CL

Procesador ā€¢ Intel Atom N450 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz, 512 KB) ā€¢ Intel NM10 Express Chipset ā€¢ 1GB, DDR2 ā€¢ HD 160 GB, SATA (5400 rpm) ā€¢ 10.1" WSVGA (1024 x 600), ā€¢ Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

I was also thinking x86/x64-based single-board computers as well. Since this be the caseā€¦

UDOO x86. :slight_smile:

Will not boot on Hp dc5750 with amd x2 x64. Neither versions i386/64x. Bios error ā€˜Error no system diskā€™ will not reconize lakkaā€™s janky syslinux 6.03! Garbage!

Might have something to do with bare-metal compilation of Lakka packaging. In that case, you might want to install Arch Linux and build that puppy yourself.

I sent a Chromebox to Kivutar to him to do something remarkably similar (Intel HD Graphics). This should open up the Intel HD graphics library to him bare-metal and have a nice base for him to work from (Intel HD 4400 is one I need for my Acer Revo Base unit, currently running Ubuntu + Retropie which boots straight into EmulationStation).

On my Skylake System (*) i have an audio-issue (canā€™t select the correct device in ā€œaudio settingā€-tab) with latest Lakka 2.1 RC 3.

With Lakka 2.0 it worksā€¦

(*) ASROCK DeskMini 110 + Pentium G4500

@shakalakka : if you have issue by selecting audio device it should be fixed by this commit included in next release after Lakka 2.1 RC3.

1 Like

New addition as of 2.1 RC4:

Chromeboxes. :wink: Thanks Kivutar! Use the Celeron Models because the graphics card in the i3 editions is the Intel HD4400 and I havenā€™t tested that one yet. Asus, HP, Samsung, and Lenovo all use the same hardware and slightly different configurations, but the same processor/graphics card combo on their units.

Holy $#!+ Iā€™m glad I sent you that Chromebox. It seems youā€™ve opened a flood of PCs compatible with it now.

Toshiba P55W-C (Ultra HD laptop) Acer Revo Base UR66-11 Gigabyte Brix S (i3-6100)

and the best part?

Alienware Steam Machine (i3) and Alienware Alpha (i7). Itā€™s like emulation Christmas up in this b***h. I can run it on any PC in range around me. Thatā€™s scary. LOL.