Lakka-compatible x86 hardware list (current so far)

So I thought about this when I was testing the live usb version of lakka to install on an external ssd to then install on a shuttle ns01a unit (wound up not boring no messages anything). But amazingly enough, worked on my ultra hd Toshiba laptop. So that’s two Toshiba laptop units lakka loves so far. So I figured why not create a list of current hardware that’s x86 based on certain models that lakka works with.

So starting with what I’ve tested it with:

Toshiba L745-4210 Toshiba P55W-C

Any others?

acer one n270 intel atom 1.6 hdd toshba 80gig 5400rpm ram 1.5

im running it on a acer one laptop 1.5 gig ram it runs a little slow on main menu.

I’ve noticed that the recommendation for SSDs is a key one and may out your RAM. It’s why I have to admit, Lakka flies on my Toshiba laptops. It’s also why I’m looking for compatible hardware and sticking a good chunk of RAM and an SSD inside of it from here on out. I also noticed that Toshiba laptops go for cheap on Craig’s List, but haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet.

Intel I7 870 @3.1Ghz Radeon R7 360 8Gb ram

it work but sometime menu hang and i have to reboot system, and i have two 0.5Tb hdd in raid mode (1Tb) but lakka can’t access the raid (it see TWO 500Gb drives)

Lakka 2.0 runs great on following x64 systems:

Intel NUC NUC5PPYH Pentium N3700 Braswell 4x1.60GHz (Turbo 2.4Ghz max)

SHUTTLE Barebone XPC nano NC01U Celeron 3205u Broadwell 2x1.50 GHz (no Turbo)

ASROCK DeskMini 110 Pentium G4500 Skylake 2x3.5 Ghz (no Turbo)

Running in x86 mode have notice x86 menu hangs ( multi tested tower and laptops )

Lakka runs fine on my Core 2 duo with 2gb ddr 2 ram and a zotac 240gt nvidia card… but im wondering if there will be an update for GTX 10 series of cards :wink: would love to try it out on my i7-6700k with a 1070 8gb gtx

Update: Lakka 2.0 RC5 no longer runs on any of my x86-64 hardware. The Toshiba laptops now flash the ubiquious Lakka flower for the graphics card compatibility issue. So scratch them off the list.

it happen to me too…

To me it sounds like the graphics cards finally went bad or the ports went bad I’ve been running the system now consecutively for the past 4 days since I’ve gotten the network my network to work with it I haven’t restarted it nor have I had any graphics driver issues behind the N64 a side note I noticed I used a doom format and it plays like it’s on crack

soubladeryu:

We’re not solving problems in this thread. If you want to solve your problem with your particular hardware, create a thread for it elsewhere. We’ll help out there. Some of us already have tried and will continue to do so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may add Vorke V1 mini pc to the list of fully compatible hardware. Tested with Lakka 2.0.

Ive just installed lakka 2.0 on optiplex 790 usff i5 2400s. Its awesome. 4x resolution on psx. Looks so good. Bought one second hand for 60 euros. Small quiet and way cheaper then a nuc… Similar to raspberry pi 3 in pricing… But waaaaay better.

Update: the final version of 2.0 works with my Toshiba laptops again. :grin:

Is there a barebone ultracompact PC that can run Lakka and gamecube powerwise? Maybe something compatible with Intel i5 7600k?

I want small but powerful enough to run Gamecube games in the future. I don’t care about the money.

I would think the Intel NUC i5 5th Gen edition or 6th Gen could run it from the preliminary research I’ve done. Of course, getting an ultracompact PC with a Kaby Lake processor, don’t know if Intel has released those yet. I know that Dolphin has been ran on it at full speed, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Even PCSX2 can be run on it at almost full speed in some cases. I know the Skull Canyon NUCs can possibly do it as well.

I have looked at the NUC kabylake versions, but they seem to use cpu’s with lower clockspeeds then the stock ones, I think the recommended clockspeed is 3.8 for dolphin if I’m not mistaken. Also, I don’t know how much difference the build in graphics make, Iris Plus seem to be the newest built in graphics from Intel. Maybe I just need to wait for the cpu performence to get better, I would like to hit that 3.8 Ghz minimum. The formfactor of those NUC PCs are nice though.

I have lakka running on a zotac id68 plus with 8gb ram and a SSD and so far flawless up to PS1. Would love to test gamecube games but no supported core just yet.

Almost forgot to include this test: Dell Inspirion Desktop tower, 4th Gen Core I5 model, 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 640 GB 5400 RPM HDD, ran like a champ, also another Dell Desktop PC, XPS model, Core i5 as well, 2.7 GHz, 1 TB 5400 RPM HDD, tested them on some PCs at my Family-of-Origin’s house, which is good news (they plan to upgrade soon and get rid of their PCs, but they never get rid of anything, so they just store them).

Turns out Lakka really likes Dell Optiplex towers, especially older ones that you can snag off of Craig’s List or eBay similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29QgzJW5Pw