Lakka do not work on Odroid XU4

I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

I did only test one game each (Wario Land II, Kirby’s Dream Land 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 respectively), though. But I’d think this is a safe bet that, except for PSP (which doesn’t seem to work too well on the Odroid-XU4 full stop), it should work.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.

[QUOTE=whiteninja79;33239]I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

I did only test one game each (Wario Land II, Kirby’s Dream Land 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 respectively), though. But I’d think this is a safe bet that, except for PSP (which doesn’t seem to work too well on the Odroid-XU4 full stop), it should work.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for doing that. :slight_smile:

I just wanted to verify it would work with all 12 passes of the shader on basic 16bit systems. I have a modified version I am working on and would love to implement it on that device.

Revive but is the latest lakka for XU4 running in KMS mode?

[QUOTE=whiteninja79;33239]I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a late revive but I was wondering if you could test “Crt-Royale Kurozumi” from the cgp folder? It’s a mod of crt-royal. If it works on 16bit stuff at 1080p I will get an odroid for sure.

[QUOTE=tekn0;33097]This seems to be the best fan replacement for the xu3/4. I guess it’s silent.

NF-A4X10-FLX 5V[/QUOTE]

I have to concur, this is a great fan, I use it on an RPi 3, very quiet, excellent CFM for such a small fan.

Hello, could you let me know how you managed to load CRT-Royale with the Odroid XU4? It doesn’t load at all on my side. Do you need custom options please?

[QUOTE=Kivutar;32313]In the first partition, you will see a boot.ini file, there are some instructions in it on how to disable EDID detection. Just a line to add or uncomment, iirc.[/QUOTE]

where can i find these said instructions?

http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Odroid-XU3,XU4/

I’m working on XU3/XU4 again. We’re updating the kernel (which may fix some bluetooth issues) and I added a fan control daemon to make it less noisy.

XU3/4 has problems on 720p TVs, and this bug has been declared upstream and fixed. The githib issue is there https://github.com/libretro/Lakka/issues/477

hello! thank you for your effort, i actually use the last (stable?) version (december 2016) at end i gaved up with bluetooth so i use a wired controller, all appear to run fine except some emulators (lakka reboots) and some psp games that reboots lakka whes saving to (emulated) memorycard (unsuccessful saves). i didn’t noticed the 720p bug because mine is connected to a 1080p tv set. i noticed that version is able to scans for playstation iso and psp iso but it doesn’t recognize all roms i have. is there a list somewhere of supported games? thanks Juri

Did you create the PPSSPP folder in the system directory with the font inside like explained in the BIOS documentation page?

The list of scannable games and the list of playable games are not the same :slight_smile:

Scannable games:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/libretro-database/master/dat/Sony%20-%20PlayStation.dat

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/libretro-database/master/metadat/no-intro/Sony%20-%20PlayStation%20Portable.dat

ppsspp folder? absolutely not! :joy: i created a PSP folder in external hdd, with roms in it… may you link please the documentation page? i can’t find it :frowning: i had a look at at the list of scannable games… i actually have games that should be scanned but aren’t… should the name be exactly the same for the file and the name in the list? or maybe is there a tutorial how create manually the list? thank you very much! edit: could tell us when the BT is fixed? i have an 8bitdo nes30 pro i would really like to use it wireless :slight_smile:

So that’s going to fix your psp problem at least. Here’s the doc page http://www.lakka.tv/doc/BIOSes/

There is also a tutorial that explains how to create your list manually: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Playlists/

And of course I will tell publicly when the BT is fixed :wink:

thank you very much @Kivutar i really miss that page so it is clear that almost all bioses should go to the system folder (that’s now clear why i wasn’t able to run some systems: i placed all bioses inside rom folder…) since my knowledge of linux is very basic, how i access system folder with samba? do i just need to type “//lakka/system/” to access it? i noticed another thing (sorry… question time) there are some systems i didn’t know were able to run! these systems are: Atari 7800, MAME 2003, SEGA DREAMCAST, SEGA CD… do they work with LAKKA odroid xu4? what exactly is mame 2003, is it MAME0.78? what difference from FBA and MAME? hope these will be last questions :smiley:

Most BIOS are going in the system folder yes. There are some exceptions of course, but it’s documented on the page.

To access the system folder, you just go to \ip-of-your-lakka and you will see all the folders available. Just do it the same way you copied your ROMs. The system folder is just next to the roms folder anyway.

On XU4 you will be able to run at full speed Atari 7800, MAME 2003, and Sega CD. But not Dreamcast yet, the emulator is not ready for that yet.

MAME 2003 is MAME 0.78. FBA supports less systems than a recent MAME, but is faster on some boards. That’s why it’s our prefered arcade core in Lakka.

Be very careful when you choose your arcade roms, read this http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Arcade/

thank for your reply again! i usually do not transfer roms via LAN… i have a 320Gb hdd connected to lakka, i just copy roms directly into hdd. i will add Atari 7800 and Sega CD, one last question: can i have BOTH mame 2003 and fba? Will Lakka create two lists or one big arcade list? thank you very much!!

You can have both. Lakka will certainly manage to scan the FBA ones, it will maybe scan the MAME ones. You can also use scripts to generate playlists in case retroarch fails to scan a directory.

1 Like

Many thanks!!! Looking Forward for BT support… Good work!

hello again a friend introduced me to “batocera” it looks very different to Lakka and i personally didn’t tested it, however looking at hardware support they have Dreamcast emulator working on Odroid XU4! maybe the team of batocera could be contacted for help :slight_smile: Juri

They use a non libretro version of reicast