Lakka do not work on Odroid XU4

Hello all, after trying various solutions and following help and documentation, i’m still not able to run Lakka on my Odroid XU4 :frowning: i’ve lot of issues but there are at least 3 that make it useless on my Odroid, at least with latest distribution (r21226)

1. No joypad detected, i use a genuine Ps3 Controller, and tested and working usb data cable.

2. Can’t load any roms on the second SD card, when i select it it show only 3 options: 1-Scan directory (nothing happen), 2-"…" and 3-Directory not found. i use a fat32 formatted micro sdcard i noticed i can “navigate” to external devices when scanning for roms but i always get “DIRECTORY NOT FOUND” when i select anything out of the primary eMMC card where Lakka is installed.

3. No audio, nothing, my Lakka is completely mute. the aplay -L command only return this tiny little list:

null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) sysdefault:CARD=odroidaudio odroid-audio, Default Audio Device

please could someone help me? is there anything i’m doing wrong?

thanks to all Juri

Kivutar is the one who would help you but he’s out of commission at the moment (health issue), so it’ll be a few days at least before he can reply.

hey did you use the odroid image tool? everything works for me except the n64 core is gone now…I prolly messed up some where in the config file

hello

@hunterk: oh i didn’t know about it! no problem i will wait :wink:

@cudencuden: i downloaded the image for odroid and “burned” it on emmc, but since my emmc is “small” (only 8gb) it will not accomodate all roms, especially FBA ones :slight_smile: what tool are you talking about? could you share your cfg file please? thanks :slight_smile: Juri

[QUOTE=Yurif74;32236]hello

@hunterk: oh i didn’t know about it! no problem i will wait :wink:

@cudencuden: i downloaded the image for odroid and “burned” it on emmc, but since my emmc is “small” (only 8gb) it will not accomodate all roms, especially FBA ones :slight_smile: what tool are you talking about? could you share your cfg file please? thanks :slight_smile: Juri[/QUOTE]

well i repurposed my xu4 just last night…but my exact setup is this:

1. i boot from sd not emmc…so u can try flip the bit to sd on the board
  2. i use wired ps3 and wired x360 fine no issue.
  3. when imaging i use this for Windows tool, http://com.odroid.com/sigong/nf_file_board/nfile_board_view.php?bid=199
  4. other than that…u can view the other thread talking about wrong reference to tmp path. OR u can post your config file and i’ll tell you what i changed.

I can use Lakka on my Odroid-XU3 without issue.

However, I noticed that if my controller is not plugged during the boot, it will never be detected.

Audio should just work fine. Maybe there is a way to force hdmi audio in the bootloader config file boot.ini ? Try to disable EDID detection.

hello and thank you all, since i think i have a really messed up config, i will do a fresh start using the tool you provided me Cudencuden. then i will use it with ps3 controller always conneced.

@Kivutar: i’m a bit newbie, how i disable the EDID detection?

thanks

In the first partition, you will see a boot.ini file, there are some instructions in it on how to disable EDID detection. Just a line to add or uncomment, iirc.

The joypad bug affects all images, I will try to fix it.

I’m having problems setting the resolution in the boot.ini For the official ODROID I always set: setenv videoconfig “drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin”

For the Lakka I set the equivalent: setenv video_output “drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin” : 1080p (Use system EDID)

however, still nothing gets displayed…

hello all again, i made a fresh install. and did this procedure:

1. powered on Odroid with ps3 joypad connected, odroid rebooted after some time, on final boot i tried joypad (never disconnect it) without any success

2. tried to bypass EDID with removing a commented line in the video section. still no audio

3. roms over sdcard are not recognized, if i browse i get “Directory not found”

at this point i tried the online updater and updated every single voice. still no audio, no joypad and no sd

in the binding menu i have only 2 voices “RETROPAD” and “RETROPAD WITH ANALOG” (and the “nothing” ofcourse)

what should i do now?

thanks Juri

hello, good news here :smiley: i was able to fix to issues on my odroid: audio and rom scanning :smiley:

i had to manually mount the second sdcard. i have over 1500 pce roms there and they’re scanned with success (however not all appear in the playlist. no problem)

after playing a game audio started to work, do not ask me why :confused: but it work now!

i still not be able to use my PS3 controller :frowning:

EDIT: can’t make this survive the powercycle since i get “invalid argument error” when trying to modify mtab, it does appear i require a super user permission but “sudo” command is ignored. i also noticed that the mount entry for the second sd card is present in the mountlist but appear to be ignored, i would try to replace “realtime” with “standard” but can’t edit that file.

Juri

[QUOTE=Yurif74;32421]EDIT: can’t make this survive the powercycle since i get “invalid argument error” when trying to modify mtab, it does appear i require a super user permission but “sudo” command is ignored. i also noticed that the mount entry for the second sd card is present in the mountlist but appear to be ignored, i would try to replace “realtime” with “standard” but can’t edit that file.

Juri[/QUOTE]

You don’t edit /etc/mtab, you edit /etc/fstab. The mtab file is just where the mount command stores the mounted filesystem information, for use by other programs and for the mount command itself when doing a re-mount.

fstab is empty, and give me this error when saving: “Error writing fstab: Read-only file system”…

The controller bug is fixed now, upgrade to the latest nightly build :slight_smile:

thanks Kivutar, i will try asap. any suggestion for the mountlist? if i manually mount the second sdcard it work (i use the command

mount /dev/disk/by-id/xxxxxx    /storage/roms

without adding parameters, ext2 rw,0 0) i noticed there is already a mountlist entry for 2nd sdcard with parameters “EXT2 REALTIME RW,0 0” but it doesn’t work…

little update: i installed new version and now after turning on the message “sony playstation 3 controller configured port #0” does appear. unfortunately after 2-3 seconds the message “sony playstation 3 controller disconnected” message show up and there is no way to use the controller (i pressed central button, l3+r3 without success) :frowning:

Empty? Oh right, OpenELEC uses systemd. Still, /etc/fstab is where you should add that. You’ll need to remount your root filesystem read/write to be able to save changes to it:

mount -o remount,rw /

Ok I will check this PS3 controller issue again, when new images have finish building, tomorrow.

if some of your roms doesn’t match the database, please use the no-intro rom sets.

@raelik: i tried the mount command but fstab is still read only, after the mount command i tried

chmod 777 /etc/fstab

but it return this error: chmod: /etc/fstab: Read-only file system so i tried with verbose:

mount -v -o remount,rw /

but nothing show…

@Kivutar: i used GoodPCE romset, no problem if some aren’t recognized for now :slight_smile: i will wait next update

thanks again Juri