Lakka do not work on Odroid XU4

We’re not planning to support GoodSets for database scanning. You will have to load those manually or use a playlist-creation script rather than the normal built-in scanning.

[QUOTE=Yurif74;32652]@raelik: i tried the mount command but fstab is still read only, after the mount command i tried

chmod 777 /etc/fstab

but it return this error: chmod: /etc/fstab: Read-only file system so i tried with verbose:

mount -v -o remount,rw /

but nothing show…

@Kivutar: i used GoodPCE romset, no problem if some aren’t recognized for now :slight_smile: i will wait next update

thanks again Juri[/QUOTE]

Ok, I looked into OpenELEC a bit further (longtime Linux/UNIX admin, total OpenELEC novice), and now I get why you’re having the issues you are. First, the root filesytem for OpenELEC is a compressed image. You aren’t supposed to modify it at all. Second, any external drive should be mounted automatically in /var/media.

That said, if you want to mount something like a network drive on boot, you create /storage/.config/autostart.sh and put your mount commands in it.

hello Raelik, i had a look, unfortunately inside /var/media there isn’t anything automatically mounted :frowning: i stopped retroarch and created autostart.sh, inside i wrote only one line with the mount command, i tried to mount to /storage/roms but nothing happen. this made me crazy because if i type the exact command by hand it work!:

mount /dev/disk/by-id/mmc-SA02G_0x277e20de-part1 storage/roms

autostart.sh survived the power cycle but it does appear it isn’t executed :’(

EDIT: sorry i forgot to add -t ntfs at the end of the line, now it work EDIT: THANK YOU RAELIK!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: you fixed my mount problem, now all is working except joypad :slight_smile:

thanks Juri

[QUOTE=Yurif74;32667]hello Raelik, i had a look, unfortunately inside /var/media there isn’t anything automatically mounted :frowning: i stopped retroarch and created autostart.sh, inside i wrote only one line with the mount command, i tried to mount to /storage/roms but nothing happen. this made me crazy because if i type the exact command by hand it work!:

mount /dev/disk/by-id/mmc-SA02G_0x277e20de-part1 storage/roms

autostart.sh survived the power cycle but it does appear it isn’t executed :’(

EDIT: sorry i forgot to add -t ntfs at the end of the line, now it work EDIT: THANK YOU RAELIK!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: you fixed my mount problem, now all is working except joypad :slight_smile:

thanks Juri[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Oh, and it should be /media, not /var/media. I was looking at some old documentation. One of those may be a symlink to the other, however.

If you have some XU3/4 specific tips, you can document them on this page I just created https://github.com/libretro/Lakka/wiki/Odroid-XU3

hello, any news about ps3 controller auto disconnecting? thanks

Yes, this problem is fixed in the latest nightlies (and also in the latest release IIRC)

hello Kivutar, thanks i tested and it is working, finally i configured 100% my Odroid XU4 as a retro consolle :smiley: Juri

Can anyone confirm vsync is working with the newest fbdev drivers?

Also is the c1 imaged based on fbdev drivers?

I’m excited to take the odroid leap.

The XU4 have no vsync issues more. The C1 have a display issue in the top right fo the screen.

Nice, it seems the xu4 is the way to go now then. Thank you.

I’m very happy with my XU3 (which is the same as XU4).

Except that the fan is too noisy for my taste.

Apparently that’s improved on the XU4? Anyway, I’ll be able to find out when my Odroid-XU4 finally arrives on (if all goes to schedule) Thursday. :slight_smile: Until then, I’m stuck with live boot on a PC.

This seems to be the best fan replacement for the xu3/4. I guess it’s silent.

NF-A4X10-FLX 5V

This might be a stretch, but could someone confirm if the crt-royale shader will run on the XU4 with the latest fbdev lakka image?

I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

I did only test one game each (Wario Land II, Kirby’s Dream Land 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 respectively), though. But I’d think this is a safe bet that, except for PSP (which doesn’t seem to work too well on the Odroid-XU4 full stop), it should work.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.

[QUOTE=whiteninja79;33239]I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

I did only test one game each (Wario Land II, Kirby’s Dream Land 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 respectively), though. But I’d think this is a safe bet that, except for PSP (which doesn’t seem to work too well on the Odroid-XU4 full stop), it should work.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for doing that. :slight_smile:

I just wanted to verify it would work with all 12 passes of the shader on basic 16bit systems. I have a modified version I am working on and would love to implement it on that device.

Revive but is the latest lakka for XU4 running in KMS mode?

[QUOTE=whiteninja79;33239]I don’t know if I have quite the latest image (pretty close though - would be 2 weeks old at most), but I tested CRT-Royale (both the standard and FakeBloom variations) on Gameboy Color, SNES and PS1 (with Enhanced Resolution, without the speedhack). In all three cases, games continued to play full speed.

If there’s any specific games you’d like me to test it on, let me know. I have more or less the entire collection for GB©, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis, though only a handful of PS1 (and no N64) - although I can probably get any others.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a late revive but I was wondering if you could test “Crt-Royale Kurozumi” from the cgp folder? It’s a mod of crt-royal. If it works on 16bit stuff at 1080p I will get an odroid for sure.

[QUOTE=tekn0;33097]This seems to be the best fan replacement for the xu3/4. I guess it’s silent.

NF-A4X10-FLX 5V[/QUOTE]

I have to concur, this is a great fan, I use it on an RPi 3, very quiet, excellent CFM for such a small fan.