Lakka Help Thread(?)

Would a general thread for help with Lakka be… uh, helpful? I wanted help and couldn’t find a place to go to. I don’t have a bug, I just wanted to find someone that I could ask questions about Lakka. Everyone seems to be fine just posting a new thread each time, but maybe a general help thread would be cleaner.

If so, then feel free to edit my post and repurpose this thread into a help thread. If not, well, that’s fine too. The forum can be a little hard to navigate though.

My question is this: Is there a way to permanently hide the “downloads” folder?

Explanation: I didn’t like the playlist function, I’d rather view the list of folders that I’ve organized my roms into, but in the middle is the downloads folder. I prefer to select Load Content -> Start Directory -> Console -> Rom.

I tried deleting the unused folder, and it worked until I rebooted the Lakka box. I would just dump my rom folders in the downloads folder, but then I’d have to select Load Content -> Downloads which means I can’t just double tap the select button, I have to move down from Start directory first. A slight downgrade from my current easy setup.

If there’s a way to go directly from Load Content to Downloads, then I’m fine with that too. If it requires manually editing a cfg file, I can do that comfortably. I was simply curious if there was a way around this that would satisfy my … fickleness?

Ummm…you can specify where you want the File Browser to start from. So that way, when you select Load Content -> Start Directory, it automatically launches into the folder you specified in the Directory folder, skipping over Downloads altogether. That’s how I have it set up. This can be done under Settings -> Directory -> File Browser and then point the file browser at the directory you want Lakka to go to when you select “Start Directory” and then select “Use This Directory”.

That should do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I’ve done, but I set it to the roms folder, which has a downloads folder inside it that can’t be deleted (well, it is recreated on startup). I guess I can change the start directory to the downloads folder though - it’s silly that I didn’t think to do that in the first place! I’ll just do that and move all my rom folders in there. That meets all my requirements, so problem solved.

Once again, I guess if anyone wants to continue to make use of this thread, they’re welcome to do so.

1 Like