Lakka on Eeeepc 900A, XMB menu dead slow

Hi,

can someone suggest a working 32bit image for Asus Eeepc 900A. The image is loading. But on the XMB is dead slow, can’t navigate through the menus.

Regards Jay

Go into settings > menu and turn off the ribbon shader, or else go to settings > driver and change the menu_driver from XMB to RGUI. That should get you fixed up.

Too bad XMB is not useable. Will there be a fix? I’ll try RGUI in the meantime, but as is said, it is so damn slow that i might not be able to change it to RGUI.

Turning off the ribbon shader is the fix. If that doesn’t work, then no.

You might have better luck SSHing into it from another machine, stopping the RetroArch process and then editing the ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg file directly to change menu_driver from “xmb” to “rgui”. Restart the RetroArch process and you should be all set.

Or if XMB is unusable but you still want XMB, edit ~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg and set menu_shader_pipeline to 0.

1 Like

Hi. Sorry to use this topic, but it seems I am not able to create a new topic.

I have the same problem. XMB menu is dead slow, so slow that I am not able to change it. Is there a way to manually edit the config file? I know it can be done using SSH, but I can’t turn on SSH, since my menu is frozen.

I could edit it using a live USB but when I reboot it and use the installed one it was XMB again, obviously.

You can boot in live mode and enable ssh, just type in boot prompt

live ssh

Then edit the configuration file and change menu_shader_pipeline options.

I will try again next Monday. I did something like that before, but when I exited live mode it changed back to XMB. Do I need to do something special to make the changes persistent?

It should have stayed if you edit the configuration file correctly.

It didn’t work for me. The live work for me. I could change the live lakka, but as soon as I plug out the USB drive, it would come back to XMB.

But I could fix it, anyway. The first time that I tried to change the menu, I changed the ribbon to snow, which is worse. I reinstalled Lakka, slowly browse the menu and turn on SSH, and changed the config file. So now everything works fine. Thanks for your help!