Lakka on Kangaroo mini pc

It didnt work :frowning: still no boot screen

this is my syslinux.cfg file contents is it right ?

DEFAULT installer

LABEL installer KERNEL /KERNEL APPEND boot=UUID=3001-4534 installer earlyprintk=efi,keep tty vga=current vt.global_cursor_default=0 loglevel=2

It seems it didn’t help to get more information during boot. Can you try to launch Run mode with Lakka LE and enable the configuration in the kernel config ?

Do u mean edit the syslinux.cfg? Or compile lakka LE with those options … I don’t know how to do that lol …your help is appreciated ! Thank you @gouchi !

Try to compile Lakka LE with CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_EFI=y

Then edit Run mode cmdline, press Tab while on the boot screen, this will let you edit the cmdline and append earlyprintk=efi,keep

Ok I will do that … what is the command to download the distro and build or "make file "

oops sorry I forgot the repository. Compilation process is same as Lakka OE.

Thx a lot @gouchi ! I’ll compile when I’m home … does it take as long as the other one ?

No problem you are welcome. Thank you for your tests !

Yes it should take the same time. The first compilation is little long because you need to compile every packages.

No problem ! i will be sooo happy if i can get this to work ! i just started the compiling …will report back soon as its done !

So it didn’t finish compiling till this morning @gouchi I tried to at least boot it before I left for work … it gave me the could not load vesamenu.c32 error I still hit tab and entered earlyprintk=efi,keep and it said could not load file or directory … then it just says boot: am I doing something wrong ?

Did you try to press Enter if it boots when you get the prompt boot: or type run and Enter ?

1 Like

Tried both they each don’t work :frowning:

What is the vesamenu.c32 error @gouchi ?

Can you try to copy vesamenu.c32 to EFI/BOOT directory from Lakka system partition ?

Wouldn’t that mean I would have installed it already ? Lol @gouchi

i tried copying the file from the root of the usb i created into EF /BOOT and it just gives me the static cursor in the top left corner

When you press Enter, it does nothing ?

I am running out of ideas :slight_smile: Last thing you can try is to update syslinux ? Try to change this link to this one and recompile to see if it may fix your issue.

no the whole system locks up when i press enter . i tried the updated syslinux and still wont work …i dont know why i can load windows 10 ubuntu and androidx86 on this kangaroo but not lakka its soooo annoying :frowning: thanks for your help @gouchi

is there a way i can change the kernel like i did the syslinux ?