Lakka on Odroid C2, and 3 problems (Atrai 5600, Coleco and Dreamcast)

First of all, I would like to say I’m loving Lakka Ver. 2.1.1 on my Odroid C2. I was using my C2 as a Plex Client, but as soon I install Lakka a new world open up for me. But there are 3 things I just can’t figure out, and I have searched all over the web for the answers and so far nothing. First, I just can’t figure out how to make my Atari 5600 controllers to work. I’m using PS3 controllers connected by bluetooth. They work great on all platforms but Atari 5600. Actually I can’t make the game star, I trie to press each button on the controller and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Any configuration that I’m not doing it? Second, I can’t play Colecovison games. I scanner my colecovision folder and lakka created a playlist with my coleco games. What it means, that it recognised my games. But when I try to play games, it goes back to the main menu. Even if i load The MSX2 core (that I understand is the colecovision core) and try to load the game from the menu, same thing happens, goes back to the main screen. Again, Am I missing something? What Am I doing wrong? Third, and last for now… Dreamcast… Is it suppose to work with Lakka V2.1.1 on Odroid C2? Does any one got it to work? I have the bios on the dc folder inside system. The bios check the MD5 with the ones from lakka website. When I try to scanner my dc rom folder, nothing happens, lakka does not create a playlist for Dream cast. If I load the Redream core and try to launch the game from the menu it just goes back to the main screen (just like the colecovision). I have tried gdi and cdi, and the result is the same… Any ways I would love any tip or advice. Thanks

For the 5600, go here: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Hardware-support/

I’m sure the 5600/7800 dilemma is going to be the answer you’re not going to want to hear.

Regarding Colecovision, it requires a BIOS. Go search and find it.

Regarding the Dreamcast cores on the ARM boards, well, good luck with those. I’m working on it with an XU4 and no dice yet. My time is limited though.

Thanks for the answer. Coleco is working now. I was missing the databases folder on system. Still have hope with the oder issues wink: :wink:

Also the strangest thing is that some games on Atari 5200 work like decathlon, I can play it… but the others I just can’t start it…

Whenever the scan does not work for me, I have to add them manually. (http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Playlists/)

I create a temporary .lpl file in the playlists directory (e.g., “test.lpl”) and inside I put something like this:

/storage/roms/example_ds.zip
Name of the Game, The
DETECT
DETECT
DETECT
test.lpl

You may need to restart Lakka for this to appear. Then click it and it should ask what core you want to open it with. If the core you chose doesn’t work, you might want to do some troubleshooting (http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Troubleshooting-Lakka/), but if you have more than one option in cores to load for this type of game, choose to clear the association, click to run it again and then choose a different core.

The Atari 5200 emulator (Atari800) has it’s own (weird) interface what is only accessible via a keyboard. unfortunately, Lakka will have binds for the keyboard already, so you have to un-assign some of the keys that Lakka uses, at least temporarily. The F# keys are essential to running 5200 games. While the game is loaded, F1 (if i recall correctly) opens the Atari800 in-game menu and and you have to load the game with the file browser that is provided there. F4 will start the game once you exit that menu.

This video helped me

Thanks for the tips. I will try that…