Lakka on the GPI CASE 2 (Rpi CM4)

HI there!

I just got a GPI CASE 2 some days ago, along with a CM4, and it runs other, more bloated distros OK, like Recalbox, etc.

However, these are of no use to me, since I mostly use my own system… and Lakka. What the manufacturer gives is is this patch: https://support.retroflag.com/Products/GPi_Case_2/GPi_Case_2_patch.zip

The patch contains a patched dpi24.dtbo, which I have already installed to /boot/overlays , and several config.txt versions, which allow these other distros to use the built-in DPI screen. So, I went and downloaded LAKKA (Rpi4B version), and gave it the same threatment: placed the .dtbo in /overlays, used the example config.txt… only to be greeted by a black screen.

So, any idea on what am I missing here? Has anybody got Lakka to work on the GPI CASE 2?

There is an unofficial community build for the GPi 2/CM4, and the link to the developer’s download site is available as a pinned message in the ‘Retroflag GPi Case Users’ server on Discord. This custom build also allows true hot swapping audio/video output for users with the GPi Case 2 dock.

That’s great! I just joined the discord, thanks a lot for that!

I neglected to mention that the pinned message is under the ‘beta-testing’ channel, not the ‘images’ channel (not yet, at least).

Does the image have working sound? I don’t get any sounds from MrBoom…