Lakka Partition Question

I just got an Intel NUC and plan to install Lakka on a bootable SD card. I think this would be easier than setting up a dual boot Lakka/Windows on the main SSD.

I understand Lakka will install and create partitions. Since I use Windows, I want an easy way to copy roms without having to use Linux or do a network transfer. I also don’t want to put the roms on a second USB stick or on the main SSD.

My idea was to take the Lakka SD card and resize the Lakka rom storage partition. I would then create an additional FAT partition on the SD card that I can access by inserting it into my other Windows machine and I can then easily copy and manage the roms.

Would this work? Would Lakka see the new partition and create the empty rom folders so I can copy the roms? Does Lakka support exFAT or should I use FAT32?

Thanks.

1 Like

Got the same problem here. I first used noobs/pinn and tested lakka a while. Now i formated my 64gb sdcard, wrote the lakka-image (etcher) and see: the most space is unallocated. 512MB Lakka (Fat), 32MB Lakka (exFat) and 59.09 GB unallocated Space… Of course i want to use the whole space of my sdcard… Perhaps i can format the unallocated space with fat16 (MiniTool Partition Wizard) and change the “rom”-Path inside Lakka to that new partition…

I tested this in Virtualbox with a third FAT32 partition and it works. I resized the storage partition and created the FAT32 partition with gParted. The partition automatically appears in roms/ with the label name (I named it LAKKA_FAT):

/storage/roms/LAKKA_FAT

I see no reason for this not to work on a physical USB Drive or SD Card, however YMMV.

Regards, Marco

EDIT: I remembered reading that Windows only reads the first partition in USB drives, this would make this pointless.