Lakka pi3b - no more dispmanx?

Lakka 2.3.2 doesn’t seem to have dispmanx anymore. Why is that? Is there a way to get a version with dispmanx?

1 Like

Retroarch on Lakka RPi is not built with --enable-dispmanx

You would need to compile it manually and sideload it into Lakka, or just use it in Raspbian.

BTW I tried the dispmanx driver on a Pi 3 myself and found it buggy.

May I ask why you want / need dispmanx?

I play on a CRT and I want to minimize lag. It was fine with the games I played - mostly FB Neo arcade games. Edit: seems like CRT-Pi has it. I’ll just use that instead! :slight_smile:

I think Brunnis’ testing revealed that the more recent OpenGL driver doesn’t have any additional lag anymore.

Where did he post this? I can’t find it in the input lag investigation thread. Would be very cool if it’s true though!

Ah, seems it’s just for RPi4 (or at least, just the testing was on RPi4; dunno if other models are affected, but it seems likely):

Not only does it not have lag anymore, you can use run-ahead support and get your input lag resovled that way as well.

1 Like

According to the test results that Hunterk linked, the Pi 3B GL still lags, and Pi 3B is too slow to runahead far enough for arcade games. That’s why I’m trying to run the fastest display driver I can. :frowning:

I’m using a RPi3b and can do at least 1 frame of runahead on most cores, including with FBNeo on CPS2 (though I’m also outputting to a CRT, so it’s not having to push too many pixels).

Yeah I can get 1f runahead too, but I need to shave 2 frames total to match the arcade boards usually. Running RPi3B on an arcade CRT. And since I often netplay I can’t really rely on Runahead :frowning:

edit: I haven’t tried max swapchain images =2 or less on the 3B though! I’ll give it a shot.